News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 901 times)

Ecl

Hello
« on: June 07, 2021, 01:29:05 PM »

Hi, I’m a newbie here!
I’m perimenopausal and just waiting (2 months so far) for my period to start before starting my HRT journey.
I have had symptoms for quite some time and thought I was just becoming an anxious cranky recluse (even before lockdown) but once I started with the flushes and bladder symptoms I looked up menopause and was surprised that perimenopause might be responsible.
I have been very fortunate to have had an understanding GP who admits he could know more but has been very thorough and is happy to prescribe HRT and is following what I think is the correct guidelines. He also sent me links to this site.
I do wonder if I have to wait for my period before starting HRT or if I can just start at anytime as long as I use the utrogestan from day 15? My periods are irregular, it has been two months and may be another month or more?
Thank you in advance, I have already, learnt lot from you all

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 02:36:58 PM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

MayB let us know which HRT has been prescribed, so that someone using it can give advice?

Browse round.  Get those bladder symptoms sorted ASAP - read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads here.  Make notes ;-).  It's a different, separate form of HRT and can be essential for over all comfort.

Ecl

Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 03:28:34 PM »

Thank you CLKD, I have been prescribed Sandrena 0.5, I took 6 days 2 months ago before I had to stop as ovarian cancer test came back high. Had to go for tests which were all negative and so now am waiting for next period so can do utrogestan100, (take 2 a night from day 15) at the right time. I just wonder if I have to wait or can just start the Sandrena and take Utro after 15 days anyway as may be awhile before next period and in the heat the hot flushes are harder to cope with, especially at night.
I have been on here most of the afternoon, reading up. I have to try this level of HRT for three months then have another appointment with GP to see if it’s working or if it needs to increase, so I can discuss any extras with him then.