Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hot flushes in the evenings  (Read 2377 times)

shrosphirelass

Re: Hot flushes in the evenings
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2021, 10:28:14 AM »

Ive found minfulness helpful too Wrensong. It does have a calming effect when I'm vey anxious. My 10 minutes a day is protected. I also think it is helpful to try and keep calm during a flush, I think I have a tendency to panic, which aggravated the situation. I think maybe its because I still don't know for sure they are hot flashes and wonder if they are something else with the feeling like I'm going to pass out.

Wrensong

Re: Hot flushes in the evenings
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2021, 04:29:46 PM »

Glad to hear it helps you shropshirelass & like you I used to set aside time every day to do a session during the worst years.  Gave me a much needed sense of control at a time when my body otherwise felt scarily out of control.
I think I have a tendency to panic, which aggravated the situation. I think maybe its because I still don't know for sure they are hot flashes and wonder if they are something else
  That's exactly it - the uncertainty can really ramp up the worry before periods finally stop, confirming we're definitely menopausal.  With me, having a longstanding thyroid condition made me worry my thyroid was again going haywire, or despite TFTs in range, that my meds dosage could be wrong, as overtreatment can cause overheating, palpitations, anxiety & being on the wrong dose long term can be damaging to heart, bones, kidneys etc.  I found peri & the first few years postmenopause really a very frightening marathon to get through & with hindsight should have started HRT long before I did.  Is there any chance you could increase your session length?  I realise it can be nigh on impossible if your life is full on.  I used to try to do a 20 min meditation session every day, but was so sleep deprived I often fell asleep within minutes ::)  But it was rest, so not time wasted.
Pages: 1 [2]