Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi - not sticking  (Read 1093 times)

Primrose

Evorel Sequi - not sticking
« on: June 05, 2021, 06:03:36 PM »

Good Evening,

I am in such a pickle, since weather has changed my patches just won't adhere.

Add to this my pharmacy ran out (supply issues) so I have either gone without for 3 days whilst hassling the GP for more then put a fresh one on 4 days in a row as falling off!

As a result I have horrendous joint and muscle pain, back, one hip, legs, elbows wrists.

I am bleeding heavily, I feel awful, my mood is lowering and no phone call appointment with GP until 21st June.

I asked pharmacist if I could stick patches somewhere different she said MUST be between knees and waist. I usually stick on thighs.

I have really benefitted from these, I am so distressed I had to go without for so long I feel like a dried up old woman.

Such painful joints and bones, it would be so helpful to hear similar stories re joint pain and whether any vitamins etc might help.

Also any advice on patch supplies and sticking!!

Thank you so much, I feel so low and fed up and to top it all.....sleep, what's that? I cannot sleep, and can't believe how quickly one's health changes from 7 days of either missed or falling off patches.

Sorry to moan,

Primrose

Mogster71

Re: Evorel Sequi - not sticking
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 06:35:17 PM »

Oh poor you :( Sorry to hear this.
Couple of obvious things, are you using anything different on your skin that may be affecting them sticking (moisturiser, fake tan or sun cream?)
Is there a nurse practitioner at your surgery, surely 2 weeks for a phone appointment when you are in this much distress is a long time.

Hope you can get it sorted Primrose x

Primrose

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 07:10:15 PM »

Thank you, good idea re Nurse Prac, we do have one attached to my surgery. I will call on Monday.

I have been using After Sun but only on arms, face,and chest.

Thank you so much forc eplying.

Mogster71

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 07:32:42 PM »

You're very welcome, I hope she can assist you in getting some more supplies.
I tend to wear mine on my upper buttock or hip, you could try that when you eventually get hold of some...

Fingers crossed :)

Cookie25

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 09:16:42 PM »

Hi Primrose

I too had issues with everol sticking. My regime is now to wipe the area with alcohol ( I use my gel nail cleanser) then wipe same area with water, dry thoroughly. Warm my hands, pop the patch on, rub for at least a minute and keep cosy for a wee while.

I stick mine on my front under my pants - lower tummy pubic area-  and alternate sides each time.

Works 9/10 for me  :D

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 08:29:39 AM »

I had the same problem. My solution was to change to gel  ;D