Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bad cramps with everol conti - normal ?  (Read 971 times)

Orba

Bad cramps with everol conti - normal ?
« on: June 04, 2021, 03:07:39 PM »

Hi. So I'm 4th week on Everol Conti patches.
It was going well, felt calmer than I have done in a while and hot flashes greatly reduced, however since last night having constant lower tummy cramping and backache.
Also some spotting. Suppose it's like a very bad period pain ( which I'm not used to  !)
I really don't want to give up at this point but it's awful.
Came off utrogesten  last year for the same reason.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so how long did it take to settle ?
I've had to take paracetamol and ibuprofen together and I can still feel  it 😖
Thanks

NicolaJ

Re: Bad cramps with everol conti - normal ?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 04:03:35 PM »

Hi
I’m onto month three of Evorel Sequi and have the same problem on the conti patches. I’m cutting them in half this month to see if this controls the flushes. If it does I’ll stay with this routine. It’s a horrible feeling, just like permanent PMT, I feel for you. It could settle so worth persevering. I only lasted two months of it however as felt so rough x

Orba

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 04:28:31 PM »

Hi
I’m onto month three of Evorel Sequi and have the same problem on the conti patches. I’m cutting them in half this month to see if this controls the flushes. If it does I’ll stay with this routine. It’s a horrible feeling, just like permanent PMT, I feel for you. It could settle so worth persevering. I only lasted two months of it however as felt so rough x
[/quote
Thanks for input .  The cramping is listed as a side effect.
I will have to see if it settles I suppose  but it's a case of picking my " miserable"
Menopause symptoms  were awful for me but I think if These  effects continue I'm tempted to take the patch off !! :o

Nas

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 08:06:34 PM »

Yes I’ve been getting this with the evorel oestrogen only patch. Horrid cramps and pmt symptoms. I was in agony today and yesterday, so the patch is in the bin! My regime needs changing anyway as I’ve been bleeding ( nothing sinister). It’s not an easy journey ! X

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 11:38:08 PM »

Mine settled down by the third month. It does take a while. It depends on how bad your meno symptoms are as to whether you manage to persevere for the recommended three months I think.

Taz x

Orba

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 09:35:13 PM »

Thanks for replies.
I'm just going into month 2, so will carry on for now. I'm hoping If I can put up with the cramps  it will settle. It's not going to be easy though !! When I was in bad pain yesterday I nearly ripped it off and if the pain had been the same today I probably would have.!
I was suffering with meno symptoms for a long time especially anxiety and I don't want to go back there.  :(