Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: how do you know you're on the right dose for YOU?  (Read 3159 times)

Sgtvhilts

Re: how do you know you're on the right dose for YOU?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2020, 04:46:52 PM »

Yep, snooze,
I'd go with you. I too feel probably better than my younger self!!. It ihas taken a lot of tinkering to get this far.
Indeed i FEEL i am on the right dose, so that is all that is improtant.
As for the medic world knowing what a good base line is- They do in terms of 'normal' Oestrogen levels. I don't think it is possible to quantify it any closer than that.  As we all on here go to show, we all respond in different ways to varing doses of Oestrogen regardless what our bloods say.
My blood Oestrogen was 1197 and i still felt like Sh8ite.

LisaBenno

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2020, 11:59:55 AM »

Hi Sooze,

I've been trying to send you a private message to ask your advice about Tibolone but I just keep getting an error message  :(
Not sure if it's because I'm using the site on my phone or not?

Lisa x

Mogster71

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 01:55:59 PM »

Oh yes, the elusive sweet spot - still not there!!

I didn't get hot flushes either, but joint pain, in particular wrist pain, even holding a full kettle would give me a proper twinge. That did resolve with HRT, as well as mild dryness.  Having recently moved from Femiston 1/10 to Estraderm patches I am really struggling; the jump up in oestrogen has left me jittery with palpitations and dizziness. I cut one in half with my GP's approval which seemed fine until I added in 2 x utro, and i felt like I was wading through treacle. I'm guessing I'm somewhere in the middle. I wonder if I've still got enough of my own oestrogen going on at this particular time?

Hurdity I suspect I am already at menopause but am I right in thinking that they won't put you on a conti until you are 50?? I don't mind having a period at all, but other than dydrogesterone I do struggle with the progesterone phase.

Shannonplussed this is how I have been trying to measure things, by the small things which now aren't so bad as they were!! Unfortunately the flipping headaches aren't one of them.

LisaBenno

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 03:46:51 PM »

Birdy,
Thank you, didn't know that!  :-\ x

Bumblebeer7

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2021, 02:41:27 PM »

Hi,

Good for you for having found the right dose.  I had much lower estrogen level on my blood test but was interpreted by my GP as normal and hence kept me on the 75mcg patch, though it has only given at best partial relief.  Did you have to convince your dr on your HRT programme? 
Pages: 1 [2]