Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleed  (Read 880 times)

Stripes

• First Flush
Bleed
« on: June 03, 2021, 12:15:36 PM »

Hi I started HRT about a week ago both the gel and the progesterone pill. I only mentioned to the Dr in conversation that my periods stopped 5 years ago (I am now 46) She tested me and I am post menopause.  She got me to do the tick chart and I have had most of the symptoms but i have been putting them down to stress and doing too much etc etc. So far so good with the HRT no major side effects just vague stuff. However last night I had a  stomach upset. I noticed dark blood in the loo and thought I had started a period? it was definitely from the front but not much... I would put this down to HRT but it reminded me I have had this a few times before... months ago.  On a couple of occasions like the above the other time it was pink..None of it continues after wards it's just at the time. It's not through constipation (straining or anything) if anything the opposite lately..I did not mention it to the Dr but last nights occurrence made me think perhaps I should? I must also book a smear because I am well over due..My question to you guys is whether it's a menopause thing? Hope this isn't too much info😕

Taz2

Re: Bleed
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 12:28:01 PM »

Hi Stripes. Any vaginal bleeding when you have had a year or more without periods (post menopausal) does need to be reported to your GP. It's probably some sort of hormonal blip but please report it as soon as possible especially as you are overdue for a smear test. Let us know how you get on.

Also just to say that conti HRT can give bleeding during the first six months so the bleeding could be down to the HRT but you mention this has happened before so make sure your GP knows that.

Taz x  :)

Stripes

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 04:27:05 PM »

Thank you. I have to speak to Dr to review the HRT so perhaps I will mention it to her then. Thanks for replying

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 05:00:26 PM »

Please do mention it. It's really not worth risking it.

Taz x  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 05:15:51 PM »

MayB have a list to discuss with your GP?

Stripes

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 06:46:16 PM »

Thanks. It's only happened a few times before in the last year and not for several months. So last night came as a bit of a surprise Its so minimal though but definitely from the front.. I have written a list of things to mention because I just forget so much!  I appreciate you both responding.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 07:59:56 PM »

Although it's only a few times it depends on how long you had been without periods. I appreciate that you are young which could point to hormonal blips but it's still not considered normal. Sorry to get a bit pushy when we've only just 'met'  ;D

Taz x

Stripes

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 08:24:26 PM »

Taz I really appreciate your advice. Not being pushy at all. I need a shove anyway at times. Basically I have had about 5 periods in as many years. The last one was a surprise in August I mentioned all this to GP when I was due a medication review (nothing related) she tested me found me mildly anaemic, low white blood cells, and FSH of 58 which she said makes me post menopause?  I had persistent low grade fever everytime I saw her, she has been having me in every fortnight so has been thorough but I think she may be a bit out of patience that I haven't mentioned this....End of next week she is wanting an update.. So I can mention it then...Thanks again. Its helped to check.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2021, 11:34:22 PM »

It's really difficult to tell from blood tests whereabouts you are in menopause I had an FSH of over 140 but still continued to have periods. I'm glad your GP is being thorough. Sorry about the low grade fever. This can make you feel always below par and can also give you night sweats. Hope you soon get it all sorted.

Taz  :)

Stripes

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 12:25:34 PM »

That's interesting about your bloods being that high. I definitely had something last August. Got a smear booked anyway as it happened again today. I didn't really get hot flushes I did wake up drenched a few times in my 30s but nothing like that since? I cant help wondering if it's just stress stopped it all. Coincided with a really bad year when they just stopped.