Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hot flushes coming back on HRT  (Read 679 times)

Blacktaz

• First Flush
Hot flushes coming back on HRT
« on: March 08, 2021, 11:53:03 AM »

Hi all, I’m desperate for some advice. I’ve just gone through intensive chemo for lymphoma and sadly this put me into an early menopause. I had horrendous hot flushes almost every 20 minutes and could barely sleep. A month ago I went onto 3 pumps of Oestrogel and 2 weeks of Utrogestan and this worked brilliantly. However now the hot flushes are coming back and I’m finding it extremely hard to cope with. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? My blood test after chemo said I was post menopausal as it had totally killed my ovaries. Thanks for any help, I’m really struggling x

sheila99

Re: Hot flushes coming back on HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 04:36:23 PM »

I think you still have insufficient oestrogen. I would increase to 4 pumps.

Sassi

• First Flush
Re: Hot flushes coming back on HRT
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 01:55:08 PM »

Hi,
I had lymphoma over 10 years ago in my 20s and went into early menopause. This was the case for about 5 years but then because I was so young my body started repairing itself and I went through a time where my FSH levels were normal and I had normal periods…but now my levels have gone to Peru-menopausal and I am having terribly painful periods when i have them, insomnia and the worst is uncontrollable crying and anxiety. I was on hrt but had to come off that because I am high risk for breast cancer due to my treatment and family history and now I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to take medication and tbh, I accepted menopause, accepted that I couldn’t have kids and was happily living my life so now even though the doctors think it’s good that my body is trying to heal itself i hate it! Does anyone know of any natural remedies? I exercise and eat really well but it’s not really helping at the mo  :-\ :-\