Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Went private, prescribed HRT and now petrified...  (Read 902 times)

Tootsie78

Went private, prescribed HRT and now petrified...
« on: June 02, 2021, 07:25:43 PM »

Hi,

So, following a set of full bloods, all normal including FSH I decided not to bother my GP again (given I’m only 43 and periods regular but cycles a little shorter these days) but to go for a private consultation due to all the crazy symptoms and rollercoaster of horrendous mood swings.

I reeled off the list I’d carefully written down - and explained that I’d put the last year down to long Covid and general anxiety because we’re in the midst of a pandemic and I’ve just had a shocking 3 years of traumatic events, work stress etc etc.

Anyway, after patiently listening, the consultant just said ‘ I think we need to try HRT’. I’ve been prescribed evoral sequi whatever that is... and told to start straight away and I should see a difference in 10 days but to give it 2 months and see if it solves my problems.

I’m not entirely sure what I expected for my money (let’s not dwell on that..), but I’m suddenly a little nervous about this patch I’m supposed to put on...

Can anyone put my mind at ease please? Will this help with my worst symptoms which are:
* PMS/mood swings
* Tachycardia - anxiety related I suspect
* horrendous brain fog
* zero libido

Yes I get night sweats before and during period but it’s my mental health/brain that is making me feel like I’m no longer myself....

Any advice/support gratefully received.

Thank you!! :-)

NicolaJ

Re: Went private, prescribed HRT and now petrified...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 08:11:58 PM »

Hi, welcome to the world of HRT. I’ve been on Evorel Sequi for two months having tried a few other HRT regimes (types) previously. It’s all a bit trial and error as we’re all different and all have different symptoms we’d like to ease. I used the patches for the first two months as prescribed but today, as I start month 3, I’ve cut them in half, to try to reduce the side effects. My advice would be to use the search on here and see what you can find out about Everol Sequi. You need a sequential type of HRT as you’re still having regular periods. It can take at least three months for some symptoms to settle although I had pretty quick success for hot flushes (relieved after a few days) Good luck and keep sharing your experience. Read read and read some more on here and try to increase your knowledge of what it’s all about. It’s all on here! Take care x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 08:46:15 PM »

What's the worst that might happen?  It may take a while B4 your body reacts to the HRT.  Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?

Tootsie78

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 09:02:35 PM »

Thanks both!
I’ll do some more reading and research. Combined pill never worked for me (migraines), mini pill was great but I came off completely for the purposes of wanting to get back to ‘normal’ - so I guess it’s the idea of taking supplementary oestrogen again.
I’m also going on holiday in July and it’s what has been keeping me going for these last months so I don’t want to upset the Apple cart too much and end up either bleeding continuously or turning even more crazy.  ;D

I’ve just been to the pharmacist so now staring at the packet and plucking up the courage...

I use clue to track different symptoms so hopefully will notice what happens cyclically and any changes that occur.

NicolaJ

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 09:10:04 PM »

I was similar with the pill and never felt normal on it but I don’t feel this way with HRT. I hope you find what works for you, keep sharing x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 09:15:58 PM »

Better to have pen and paper ;-)

The Pill saved my Life, from painful, bloody periods  :'(

Let us know how you get on.   It's H [replacement] T don't forget ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 09:56:27 AM »

My advice is to stick the patch on and stop reading! The vast majority of women are perfectly fine on the first hrt they try. They go and get on with their lives. Many of the people who post on this site are the ones who have trouble so get a skewered view reading on here. You may need to add testosterone for libido but your oestrogen levels need to be stable first.