Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why Progesterone  (Read 2036 times)

NicolaJ

Re: Why Progesterone
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2021, 02:14:14 PM »

Hi! After six failed attempts at various chemists I got my six boxes this morning! Many are putting the local shortage down to the ‘Davina’ effect (in their words) This is great for new ladies finding HRT but not so good if they can’t keep up with demand. I hope it settles soon! I live in Newcastle, not sure how this is impacting on other areas of the country.

Lamplighter

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2021, 03:57:47 PM »

Thanks Grheliz1, that's useful to know.  Lol about the pregnancy test.  You never know, they do say that 50 is the new 30 these days   ;D

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2021, 04:10:33 PM »

Hi! After six failed attempts at various chemists I got my six boxes this morning!

6 boxes? I'm only allowed to have one month at a time!  :o

Taz x

NicolaJ

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2021, 04:38:47 PM »

I’ve never had more than three to be honest, I was a bit shocked! But hey Ho!

Lamplighter

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2021, 06:15:05 PM »

NicolaJ I must have missed your post, sorry.  Well, six boxes sounds like a good haul - maybe making up for not having it eh?  And it will end up as 12 if you start cutting the patches in half! 

Taz2, likewise, for some reason my surgery is now doling out the HRT one month at a time (really stupid as you end up having to reorder two weeks into the month in order to make sure you keep the continuity up).  Long gone are the days when I would get a six month prescription, so much easier and more practical. 

LL

NicolaJ

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2021, 07:00:41 PM »

I still have slight reservations about cutting in half over a longer period ‘if’ it works, which I’m hoping it does. There’s so much on here about it, I think it’s ok? 🥴

Lamplighter

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2021, 09:05:12 PM »

NicolaJ, I know nothing about sequential HRT having always used a continuous sort (I started HRT five years after menopause), and having a look at the patient leaflet online I don't think I can even guess at what to advise.  I suppose it depends on whether you are thinking of halving all the patches, or just the ones with the progesterone? 

Hopefully someone familiar with sequential HRT can reassure you about this.  xxx

NicolaJ

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2021, 09:19:38 PM »

I plan to half all of them, started today with the oestrogen patches. X

Lamplighter

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2021, 09:29:38 PM »

In that case I can't see a problem because you aren't lowering the ratio of progesterone to oestrogen just halving the total input amount.  The only drawback might be that you'll only be getting half the benefits of the oestrogen and that might not be enough. 

But fingers crossed it all works for you. xxxx

Grheliz1

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2021, 09:35:40 PM »

Thanks Grheliz1, that's useful to know.  Lol about the pregnancy test.  You never know, they do say that 50 is the new 30 these days   ;D

Snort!

NicolaJ

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2021, 06:07:27 AM »

That’s my thinking too and thanks. Fingers crossed! 🤞x
Pages: 1 [2]