Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Temperature after hysteroscopy and coil removal  (Read 926 times)

CarryWarry

Temperature after hysteroscopy and coil removal
« on: May 30, 2021, 02:21:16 PM »

Hello all. I am on day 2 in bed with a temperature.  Feel  like death. On Friday I had a hysteroscopy and I had my Mirena coil removed. I’m 57 and I’ve been suffering with bleeding on and off the last five years. Has anybody else experienced dreadful temperature problems and feeling like they’ve got flu after these procedures? I remember when I had the coil out before I actually got a high temperature then and it ruin the beginning of a little holiday we went on to the Cotswolds. Why does this happen I’m sure I haven’t got an infection why do some people suffer more than others I’m here with a wet moustache! X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Temperature after hysteroscopy and coil removal
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 04:18:46 PM »

I think that you should call 111 for advice.  Could you have picked up C-19 somewhere?  Certainly speak with the person who removed the coil, ASAP.

To bring down your temperature take Paracetamol and drink 'enough'.  A Pharmacist will give you advice about how much and what else to take.  A wet flannel across the forehead might help.

Machair

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 05:50:24 PM »

Hello
It is very important to ring for advice.A raised temperature after a hysteroscopy requires a medical assessment and treatment. Please ring for help.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 08:26:33 PM »

Any improvement today?  I thought about you in the early hours  :-\

CarryWarry

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 08:46:07 PM »

Hello my friends and thanks so much for your kind replies.  I am much improved today and should be back to normal tomorrow.  I did two lateral flow tests which were negative today.  I think, on reflection, my body is highly sensitive to ‘invasion’....and triggers a fight response.  Three years ago the same thing happened  as mentioned above - that was after just coil removal (since reinserted).  I was one of the first to have the mirena and so have had them for 20 years and I think my body has grown so accustomed to it, it reacts when one is removed.  Plus the biopsy.
The team that did my hysteroscopy were superb and it really wasn’t a big deal despite my nerves beforehand.  I asked them to remove the coil ‘while they were there’ as I think enough is going on with my 10cm fibroid!
I’ve now been put on to evorel conti so fingers crossed. I can add one pump of gel if necessary.
Thanks for being there for me x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 09:26:35 PM »

It's still a worry even if issues have happened B4  :-\

Feet up!

CarryWarry

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 09:07:53 AM »

Yes. And people should always be aware x