Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Watery discharge and slight spotting  (Read 1162 times)

Osborne

• First Flush
Watery discharge and slight spotting
« on: May 24, 2021, 06:27:53 PM »

Hi all,
This is my first post :), I’ve read quite a lot of posts regarding watery discharge and spotting but struggling to find something that matches my concerns. I’m 50 and been on the mini pill for a number of years but stopped 18 months ago as a blood test confirmed I’d started the menopause. So I’ve not had a period for a number of years because of being on the pill and now going through menopause. 2 weeks ago I started getting quite a lot of watery discharge, this happened for about 8 days and also had a small amount of brown spotting. I’m not taking any medication as I’m only really suffering from the hot flushes. Generally healthy. I’ve mentioned this to my GP who has now referred be for an urgent ultra sound scan this week,, I’m absolutely worried to death as you can imagine and the wonderful world of google hasn’t helped. Has anyone had any of the above, many thx in advance xx

Joaniepat

Re: Watery discharge and slight spotting
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 06:58:17 PM »

Hi Osborne, welcome to the forum. Watery discharge can be a symptom of VA, as can spotting. The latter might be due to thinning of the vaginal and vulval tissues, due to depleting oestrogen levels. For this you need a local oestrogen treatment such as Vagifem or one of the estriol creams. Other types of local oestrogen are also available, but these are the most commonly prescribed. I don't suppose the GP examined you? (As face to face appointments are as rare as hen's teeth now....) There are many threads on vaginal atrophy on the forum, so have a browse, and information can also be found on Dr Louise Newson's website.
JP x

Osborne

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 09:49:22 PM »

Hi JP, many thanks for your reply, it’s most appreciated. No I’ve not had a face to face examination,, I’ve read a lot of posts and it’s does appear to be a common thing,, but does suggest to get this checked out,, hopefully everything will be ok , many thx again xx

Machair

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 06:04:31 PM »

It could be so many things most of them benign including simple things like a cervical polyp. A scan will eliminate them all and then you can relax.xxx