Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: This is me  (Read 1168 times)

FannyAnnie72

This is me
« on: May 29, 2021, 03:17:38 PM »

Hi all

So I've just joined, been putting off accepting that I really probably am P-Mal and after reflecting back on the years, I think I may have started this new journey some 6 years ago.

I put down the mood swings and feeling hot at work to a pretty sh*tty number of years in my life with separation from partner, death of loved ones and also an accident which resulted in two very painful operations.

It's only really been in the past two years that I've collected all the information from the back of my (confuddled) brain and strung them all together.  I'm sure like many of you it was an albeit small epiphany when you had that realisation or were informed by a professional.  I have never been 'diagnosed' officially, and there lay in my opinion, a massive feeling of being let down by medical professionals. 

Anyhoo, that's that for now and I look forward to engaging with you all and finding the support I very much need during this transition and perhaps some wise words to convince me (some days) that I'm not actually going mad!!!

BW
F-A  :clapping:

jaypo

Re: This is me
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 03:47:24 PM »

Hi fannyannie,loving the name and  :welcomemm:
Sorry for all the sad times you've gone through,sadly happens more as we age.
Anyway ask away,whatever questions you want,always someone to help out x

FannyAnnie72

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 03:52:35 PM »

Bless you Jay-Po, it's great to know I can reach out finally for some support  :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 05:29:41 PM »

:welcomemm:  sadly women don't put 2 and 2 together either.  We may be aware of 'the change' but to most it's cessation of periods and hot flushes.  The anxiety plus dry skin, vaginal atrophy, can floor many.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 06:45:17 PM »

:welcomemm:
Another one undiagnosed until I worked it out for myself. You'll fit right in, I think we're all slightly mad  ;D

FannyAnnie72

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 08:59:36 PM »

:welcomemm:  sadly women don't put 2 and 2 together either.  We may be aware of 'the change' but to most it's cessation of periods and hot flushes.  The anxiety plus dry skin, vaginal atrophy, can floor many.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

Yep I'm considering a diary, I do keep some notes but nothing intensive, worth keeping for the sake of approaching the medical professionals in future :)

FannyAnnie72

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 09:00:32 PM »

:welcomemm:
Another one undiagnosed until I worked it out for myself. You'll fit right in, I think we're all slightly mad  ;D

Bless you Sheila!  It's great to know I'm not alone and that I'm not the only one who has been ignored with symptoms <3

FannyAnnie72

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 05:04:03 PM »

Hi and Welcome!
"a massive feeling of being let down by medical professionals"
I think a lot of us can relate to that, FannyAnnie72.
What's P-Mal?

Hi Avalon and thank you for such a warm welcome!  P-Mal was my shortened version of peri-meno  ;)