Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan Daily  (Read 933 times)

Jules44

• First Flush
Utrogestan Daily
« on: May 29, 2021, 12:50:48 PM »

Hello Ladies. I currently use Utrogestan on a cyclical basis but I would like to move to daily so that I no longer have a monthly bleed. I’ve been on my current regime for five years (Sandrena & Utrogestan). I’m five years post menopause. Does anyone know at what point in my current cycle is the best time to switch to daily? Many thanks.

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan Daily
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 12:58:37 PM »

I would start after your next bleed when your lining is thin.

Jules44

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 01:03:22 PM »

Thank you Sheila99, I really appreciate the advice and that would make sense. Do you think I should start the day after my period finishes?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 02:16:30 PM »

I would just in case it interferes with the bleed if start before.

Jules44

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 02:34:31 PM »

Fabulous, thank you.

KarineT

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 11:00:11 AM »

Julie44, if you don't mind me asking,  did you strat HRT after 12 months without a period?  If not, when did you start?  I am asking because I would like to know if your symptoms persisted well beyond the 12-month wjthout a period.  I am not on HRT and I haven't had a period for 16 months now but my main symptoms are low mood and anxiety.  Btw, what were your symptoms?  What drove you to go on HRT?  Thanks

Anne G

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 05:03:59 PM »

KarineT - I've just started HRT and my last period was about 20 months ago.  I've had a horrible time with anxiety and suicidal thoughts during most of this time.  Other menopause symptoms fairly mild.  Doctor put me on antidepressants which have done nothing.  I can't believe how much better I feel within days of starting HRT.  Honestly it has been like a miracle for me. 

Jules44

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 06:29:45 PM »

Hi, sorry for the delay. My bloods showed that the menopause had hit, at the age of 44, and my main symptoms were ad hoc periods, hot flushes, insomnia and, worst of all, a chronic UTI. I started on Vagifem but after a few months I added body identical HRT. It was on a sequential basis but five years have passed so I want to move to continuous so that I stop having periods.