Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Halving patches?  (Read 784 times)

Postmeno3

Halving patches?
« on: May 26, 2021, 06:46:12 PM »

What is the best way to halve a patch, please? And is the other half safe enough back in the pouch? Am concerned about loss of potency in the remaining half? Many thanks!

shrosphirelass

Re: Halving patches?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 07:14:13 PM »

I was advised to cut patches in half when I first started on HRT andI always used the other half on change over day. I used to cut them down the middle but I've seen some people advise to cut them diagonally.

Cookie25

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 09:21:11 PM »

Hi Postmeno3

I just cut down the middle and pop the other half back in the foil pack and roll the top shut.

I'm new on the patches so it's difficult to know if I'm getting the full half dose or not. Sorry I can't be more help!

Good luck  :-*

Postmeno3

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 01:29:20 PM »

Thank you both. So, if not cutting diagonally, cutting vertically or horizontally? I've ended up with a wee bit of the foil still attached by cutting top to bottom which I guess is not ideal.

Cookie25

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 09:44:18 PM »

Hi Postmeno3

Are these everol? I can only comment on those,but if so, then if you look at how the foil would peel if it was a whole patch and cut against that division so in each half you still have two sections of foil. Does that make sense? Then you can peel one half of the foil off, stick it on your body and peel the second bit off. Sorry it's hard to explain! Xxx

Postmeno3

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 07:52:26 AM »

Thanks Cookie25. Yes, it is Evorel. I find it almost impossible to cut two even halves through the wavy foil separaters without there still being foil on the half patch to go on? Yes, you're right. It IS hard to explain!