Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Your advice on when I should start taking my Utrogestan  (Read 1222 times)

Gilla999

Your advice on when I should start taking my Utrogestan
« on: May 31, 2021, 05:25:40 AM »

Hi all -  I was initially on the contraceptive Pill for about 4 months in a bid to stop my problems but stopped taking it in late April when it didn't work. After a one week break (during which I had a light withdrawal bleed) I started Lenzetto HRT (2 sprays) on April 28th, so almost 5 weeks ago. Because pre Pill my cycles were still regular (27 days) I had been wanting to time my Utrogestan with my cycle, so taking it for the last 12-14 days - partly to try and match my natural cycle and partly as the ONLY time I am ever symptomatic is during the last two weeks after ovulation and before my period, so the hope was it would help with that.

Since starting Lenzetto I've had absolutely none of my original symptoms - which for me were terrible night sweats and middle-of-the-night insomnia. I have had slight estrogen dominance (which for me always manifest in the boobs and constipation) but it's not as bad as either on the Pill or when I tried Estradot for 10 days last year. I've been testing for ovulation every day so that I would know when to start taking the Utro but it hasn't yet happened yet. Because it didn't seem to want to happen and it had been 5 weeks now, I had decided to start the Utro next week anyway....... but then this morning I've had bad cramps and a LOT of bright bright red blood and clots.

Now I'm super confused about what to do with the Utro! Would I be ok from a safety POV to hold off for another couple of weeks to see if I ovulate after this bleed, which I'm assuming was an anovulatory bleed. I'm keen not to disrupt my own natural cycle as much as possible. Or should I wait for this bleed to happen and then just take the Utro straight away anyway? Thanks for any advice... a bit lost now!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 07:30:44 AM by Gilla999 »