Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Surprised by Utrogestan - Am I too hopeful?  (Read 1919 times)

PMDD

Surprised by Utrogestan - Am I too hopeful?
« on: July 04, 2020, 07:34:04 PM »

Hi everyone,

So with having PMDD and many years of having my hormones put into my boots by Prostap, and each time I tried add back Oestrogen and Progesterone, I would have a resurgence of severe symptoms. I was always told i was progesterone intolerant.

Last year, i felt lousy and my Gyn said lets try some add-back HRT - I was surprisingly ok on Evorel Conti (but it obviously didn't do the trick on my endometrium  :-\ )

But due to my hyperplasia diagnosis recently i've been been doing progesterone topical (from US) for 5 days, and Utrogestan vaginally 100mg at night for a couple of nights (intend to continue with this).....and I feel the best I have felt in years, my kids and husband keep saying 'what has happened to Mum?'

So, could this be too good to be true?? Has anyone any experience?

Maybe I needed a better balance? Does progesterone help anyone else?

Have you previously not tolerated pg, but now can......i can't quite get my head round any of it tbh

Lisa xx

Lucylu2020

• First Flush
Re: Surprised by Utrogestan - Am I too hopeful?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 06:53:21 AM »

Hello, I’m in surgical memo for pmdd... you are saying the topical progesterone helped you?

Sometimes I wonder do I need some x

PMDD

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 09:59:45 PM »

Hello my lovely, good to hear from someone who 'gets' the PMDD diagnosis. I read your other post re HRT stability, and understand completely!

I have been on prostap for the chemical menopause side of things for years now, and I have often wondered whether a surgical menopause would be my 'solution'  :-\

But....in answer to your question, I have now gone full circle and really struggle without progesterone, after years of not tolerating it at all....where it would cause a major PMDD red rage! The one I am taking now is the most natural progesterone, Utrogestan micronised progesterone, and I use a small dose of the oral capsule, but use vaginally at night instead. I am so much calmer on it, sometimes a little sedated, but i can live with that. Headaches, my mood, and palpitations are all helped by it.

I use Lenzetto spray, utrogestan, and a smidge of testosterone daily xx

Gilla999

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 04:40:21 AM »

Just sharing here a couple of really articles I read on the PMDD/Prog connection - they might not tell you anything new, but I really rate the lady who wrote them - I follow a lot of her stuff!

https://larabriden.com/progesterone-mood-treat-pmdd/