Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Genitourinary syndrome in menopause.  (Read 3048 times)

Postmeno3

Re: Genitourinary syndrome in menopause.
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2021, 11:13:31 AM »

Always useful to try to trace back to a possible cause in order to treat appropriately if possible. Testing for uti is not always accurate and if comes back "clear", may be more hormone-related. Stress may be triggering your adrenal glands, where more and more oestrogen is produced (or less and less depending on how you look at it!) as opposed to the ovaries as time goes on. So what you are producing may be getting gobbled up adrenally by the hormones there. Keep it simple for now though. Drink plenty water. Glad you're feeling better today. Rest if feeling fatigued.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 11:22:02 AM by Postmeno3 »

Postmeno3

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2021, 03:59:54 PM »

Lioness86: D-Mannose can be very helpful for what you describe. Quite a few of us know of it now and it's now in the NICE guidelines.

Lioness86

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2021, 04:14:33 PM »

Just a follow up to my previous post. I went to the chemist and got the cystitis sachets, the pharmacist thought that was the problem too! I felt a lot better after one day and had forgotten all about the problem by the end of the treatment.  Today I actually had a face to face Dr appt and we went through everything.  As I am feeling much better and don’t really have the burning or stinging issues we have decided to leave the vagifem for now but at the first sign of another uti the Dr will prescribe it.  I am also taking the D-Mannose that was suggested so hopefully that will keep things under control. Thanks Ladies for all your advice x
Pages: 1 2 [3]