Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Tiblone? I'm still in Perimenopause!  (Read 670 times)

Lalb1

Tiblone? I'm still in Perimenopause!
« on: May 26, 2021, 05:28:45 AM »

Hi, so I finally had my gynae appt yesterday. I was the last appt of the day at 4.10 and they were running nearly an hour late.
The guy who saw me seemed pretty rushed to be honest. He took a very brief history, asked what I'd previously tried and asked me which was worse the ovary pain or the menopause symptoms. I told him it depended where in the month and what month as some months pain was worse and some months symptoms were worse. I told him I'm still having periods, erratic cycles between 21-47 days between periods but nonetheless still have them.
He said I had 2 options.
1- an injection to induce menopause.
2-trial HRT.
As he was rushing through I got all flustered and somehow seemed to agree to the injection. However I hadn't realised he meant I'd be having it there and then!
I got all upset as I genuinely thought I was there for an initial consultation and management.
He called in a nurse and I asked if I had to have it then, he said no, so have this HRT and I'll see you in 3 months. He hadn't weighed me, didn't take my BP (1 of the reasons I'd been referred to gynae in 1st place) and didn't ask anyrhing else, just sent me on my way.

Since coming home I've read up about Tiblone the HRT he prescribed and I seem to be reading its for women who don't have periods anymore. So postmenopausal?
Is this true?
As I told him I do still have periods at random times.
What do i do now? Do I ring the hospital and query it? Do I get in touch with my doctor?
Please help. 😥

Teresa667

Re: Tiblone? I'm still in Perimenopause!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 07:20:47 AM »

Hi, I'm sorry you had such an awful time at the consultation.
I was severely perimenopusal and flooding in 2017. So I was given the zoladex injection each month, which put me into a chemical menopause and I was given Tibolone at the same time. I continued with both for 2 years and then came off both to see if I was naturally in the menopause, which I was.
It's probably worth you discussing the Tibolone further with a medical professional so that you can make a better informed choice about whether to take it.  :)