Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie!  (Read 1031 times)

FuzzyM

• First Flush
Newbie!
« on: June 13, 2021, 12:23:30 PM »

Hi everyone, very new here. I noticed i was having changes at least 2 months ago now, if not a bit longer but the past 2 weeks have been awful! My poor Hubby took the brunt of my mood swings, my emotions are wacky & i feel like I'm living in a permanent heat room! I'm only 33 so this has worried me a bit but saying that, I've not had a period in 13 years... I always worried this might happen... Anyway it's not a definite just yet, I'm having a blood test in 2 weeks then a follow up appointment with the Doctor to see what's what but wanted to be around other people who are having symptoms too & understand what it feels like.

Sorry if I've waffled on some lol. But hello anyway!  :) it would be Nice to chat with others as well.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 12:50:42 PM by FuzzyM »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 01:30:34 PM »

Hi! print off 'hints for husbands' and hand over ;-).  Men need to know that our mood swings aren't all their fault.

Why no periods for 13 years?  Which symptoms have bothered U the most?

:welcomemm:  browse round. Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads.  Make notes  ;)

FuzzyM

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 08:22:36 PM »

Hiya, i didn't even know the hints for husbands existed so thank you, i'll do that  ;D

I don't know in all honesty, I've never been regular & worried about having children but the Doctors assured me that my body would basically sort itself & i still never had periods but had my gorgeous kiddies & nothing happened so it's a mystery to be fair, they never looked into it but were always amazed that i had Children without anything else.

Symptoms that bothered me the most, especially these past few weeks when I've noticed things more is body heat, I'm hot alot of the time but night time especially is a nightmare & I'm really struggling.

Thankyou for the welcome  :) I'll be having a good look around the site. X

marge

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 10:29:21 AM »

Hi FuzzyM, nothing much to contribute, but your situation just goes to show how different we all are and not everyone fits in the same box. So pleased you were able to have children though. A friend of mine hardly ever had periods either and was never able to conceive. Good luck with your meno journey!

Michelle7474

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 11:53:12 AM »

Hi I’m Michelle 47 years of age
Been having peri menopausal symptoms for over a year but worse this year
Still had cycles never missed one but was becoming closer each month
Aniexty through the roof from no where 😳 and a strange feeling in my head .. maybe this is brain fog I don’t know but I don’t like it lol
Hot flushes daily .. only ever had one night flush ( thank god ) palpitations
Weight gain .. not so much moody but I have no patience to listen .. it’s like I lost the convo one sentence in the aniexty got so bad that I’m off work now as the woozy feeling in my head and feeling panick and aniexty got too much
I started HRT sequi patches and I’m on month 2
Some things have improved but still the woozy head and aniexty are there but not as often so I’m praying that after 3 months ( or more If need be ) my hormones will settle and I become my self again
It’s not until you join these sites that you realise that so many people go through this … I actually thought something was wrong with me and few trips to docs and A&E but all tests normal.. because I had covid they blamed a lot on long covid also
It’s just WOW how on earth are hormones doing this to us !!
I was so naive and saying to friends who are going through menopause “oh I can’t wait to have no period ..couple of hot flushes what’s that “

I’m now saying none of the above .. I didn’t realise peri menopause would be so horrendous and brutal lol
I sit & hope for better days now I’ve started HRT …

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 12:03:35 PM »

HORMONES  >:(

Keeping a mood/food/symptom diary mayB useful. 

Michelle7474

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 12:55:58 PM »

Yes deffo .. I’ve been keeping notes so when I have 3 month review I know what I’ve felt and when
Because with these hormones comes forgetfulness 😂😂😂
Even if I think the feelings symptoms are not related I’ve noted them because you just never know
I don’t know anything about peri menopause only what I experience & what I read  on this great site
It’s nice to know I’m not alone but also wouldn’t wish it on anyone
But it’s nice to read positive outcomes and I’ve seen a few on these patches .. long May it continue :)

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 01:10:32 PM »

Polycystic ovaries? I really think you should see your gp and see if they will test your oestrogen levels. If you are heading towards meno because you're so young it's important to take hrt at least until your early 50s to protect your heart and lungs. The Daisy website for early menopause may be worth a look.