Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 676 times)

mandss

Is this normal?
« on: May 25, 2021, 11:00:37 AM »

This might sound like a stupid question but I cannot find the answer anywhere....
I am 49 and had been on various forms of HRT for the last 2 years. Throughout that time I had regular bleeds due to the levels of oestrogen/progesterone. Prior to that I had been on the mini pill. When I had the coil fitted I bleed nearly every day for a year. So I have no idea where I am with regards to monthly periods.
15 weeks a go I was told by my GP to stop taking the HRT immediately. I was on about day 7 of the oestrogen phase. Since then I have not had any bleeding at all. Is this because of where I am in my meno journey, or could it be due to a thickened womb from the oestrogen? I do not want to bother my GP again unless it is a problem. Any ideas ladies xxx

Taz2

Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 10:26:23 PM »

The only way you can tell if you are now post menopausal is to wait and see if you do eventually have a period. Why did your GP ask you to stop HRT in such a drastic way? If you had a bleed at the end of the last full month of HRT and were only on day seven of the next month then you might not have built up enough lining to then have a bleed once you stopped HRT. That's how I understand it anyway.

Taz x  :-\

mandss

Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 06:03:08 PM »

Thanks Taz, gp took me off it because I had come out in a really bad rash and she thought it might have been a progesterone intolerance. I have since had the rash return but not on HRT so now know it was not that which caused it. Really hope my periods will not return even though its early days.