Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bleeding mid cycle  (Read 1251 times)

Flan747

Bleeding mid cycle
« on: May 25, 2021, 05:19:21 AM »

I am currently on 3 pumps oestradiol and 100mg Utrogestron. Symptoms continue, yesterday i started a random period? Is this a sign of too much or not enough estrogen ? Getting more and more headaches in last 3 months. As one symptom disappears another seems to pop up
Also having very restless nights which is new, fall asleep fine but very unsettled

Flamingo

Re: Bleeding mid cycle
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 11:49:47 AM »

I had this too Flan, heavy bleed mid month and counted this as day 1 now on day 30 and still no bleed (I have a short cycle 24 days)

I was wondering if too much estrogen too as had breast pain and some bloating..... I exactly same as you as fast as one symptom relived I get a new one! Had terrible sleep last night too :( it seems to me that nobody knows about too much estogen? Everyone keeps saying you can’t get enough?! Since I increased my skin has got dry and itchy.  Although anxiety better 😩

Robin

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 11:53:52 AM »

Hi, I was unable to sleep after taking Utrogestan as my brain felt very wired. I also had more migraines, breast pain, and  bloating with it. So perhaps it’s that rather than the estrogen?

Also My skin gets drier and more allergic with every progestogen/progesterone I’ve tried

Flan747

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 11:54:07 AM »

Hi Flamingo it’s a nightmare to control isn’t it! I’m currently on Newson clinic waiting list to hopefully get some answers to this madness! Just has bloods back and my oestradiol level was 279 on day 9 of cycle ! Doesn’t mean a lot I must admit but as I’m having periods and HRT should this not be higher ?

Flan747

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 11:55:41 AM »

Hi Robin I never even thought about it being Utrogestron if I’m honest ! Another thing to think of 😄 can I ask what do you use as your progesterone part of HRT?

Flamingo

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 12:01:54 PM »

I stopped taking progesterone/utrogestan last week and spotty skin rash and Breast tenderness still here.  I do take it vaginally as makes me feel like I hungover orally which is a shame as does help sleep.

Flan747

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 12:09:24 PM »

Ahh ok! I take it continuously as I had so many ups and downs taking it for 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. Hopefully I will get a date through soon 🤞

Robin

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 12:19:05 PM »

Im really sensitive to progesterone and find some the side effects last for a couple  of weeks afterwards, especially breast tenderness, vulva irritation, spots. Some of the other effects don’t last as long as that. I don’t tolerate it well at all and haven’t found one that doesn’t make me feel rubbish so I’m on a long cycle

Robin

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2021, 12:23:20 PM »

you'll be in great hands with Dr Newson

Flan747

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2021, 12:26:50 PM »

I really hope so Robin just waiting to hear! I know it will be a few months especially since the Channel 4 story! If I could just get a date then I would have that to aim for! It’s been a long old 2 years trying to get it right?

Flamingo

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2021, 12:39:13 PM »

Have you tried the vaginal gel Robin? Crinone?

Did you get dry scaly skin? I’ve been off 6 days and still bumpy.  Have gone down to 50mg patch to see if it improves with less estrogen.

Flamingo

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2021, 12:40:10 PM »

Flan you can ring Newson and ask for cancellation appointment if you desperate - they were so nice to me

Flan747

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2021, 12:45:28 PM »

I think I will do if I haven’t heard anything this week! Can I ask has the treatment they prescribed helped you? I’m building all my hopes on it being the answer x

Robin

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2021, 12:54:30 PM »

It so difficult isn’t it. I hope you get a date soon but I would do as flamingo suggests and ask to be considered for any cancellations.

No I haven’t tried the gel. That might be the only one I haven’t tried. Ive always had extremely dry sensitive skin and don’t gel on with most gel formulations but might be worth trying. I use cyclogest pessary which still causes lots of side effects but irritates my vagina/vulva less

Robin

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2021, 12:55:58 PM »

My treatment  prescribed by Dr Newson works for me flan. 🤞🏻Hopefully you’ll get what you need very soon x
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 01:09:58 PM by Robin »
Pages: [1] 2