Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Struggling to get help with peri menopause  (Read 911 times)

Palf

• First Flush
Struggling to get help with peri menopause
« on: June 08, 2021, 01:50:45 PM »

Hi
So I’ve been on HRT for four months now, I use Evorel Sequi patches 50mg. I’ve been battling with brain fog, low moods, rage, low labido for the last five years. I’m only 42 and it’s only in the last year I figured out what was happening to me. The peri menopause. After my Gp messing around with anti depressants which didn’t help the situation and generally not being very helpful, I finally decided to go private. I have spent a lot of money getting where I am today, feeling just slightly better on the HRT but symptoms have no where near fully gone away, will they ever!? It interferes with my everyday life, I can’t do my job most of the time as the brain fog is so bad. It puts massive pressure on my relationship with my other half, who has been amazing, bless him. I feel like my gynaecologist is not fully listening/ understanding and I’m constantly having to chase her. I’m at my wits end with it all, I really hope there is going to be some light at the end of the tunnel, I just don’t know what to do anymore! 😢

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Struggling to get help with peri menopause
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 03:40:01 PM »

Hi! ask for your GP 4 a referral to a menopause clinic, gynaes often don't know any more than GPs do!

MayB keep a mood/food/symptom diary too.  Eating regularly can help with anxiety surges as well as keeping moods more even. 

There is a 'hints for husbands' here somewhere, to print off and hand over ;-).

Ask away!

Palf

• First Flush
Re: Struggling to get help with peri menopause
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 04:09:12 PM »

Thank you for your reply and advice.
Yes I think you’re right about the menopause clinic, I don’t think I’ve found the right help yet.

I do have regular meals and try to eat healthily, I exercise regularly too as I find that helps at times but not always.

Sometimes you feel like you’re doing all the right things but nothing helps.

I’m lucky if I get one good week out of four when I just feel well. Sometimes it’s just a few days 😢

X