Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Struggling Newbie, please help!  (Read 2167 times)

Sal_J

• First Flush
Struggling Newbie, please help!
« on: May 22, 2021, 08:57:58 AM »

:-\
Hi everyone  :)
Am so relieved to find this site especially as it's quite a recent revelation that all my peculiar symptoms I've been experiencing and that have been getting progressively worse are all related to this delightful thing we call the menopause!

Has anyone else suffered with persistent and severe diarrhoea?? I'd no idea it was a menopausal symptom until recently. Seems like everytime I eat within an hour at most I suffer a severe bout of diarrhoea plus a gurgling stomach most of the day. Is this normal and any advice on how to cope/ treat it????

jaypo

Re: Struggling Newbie, please help!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 11:00:56 AM »

It can indeed be meno but always worth mentioning it to your dr,a lot of us on here (including me) have become intolerant to certain foods since hitting meno,I for one can't go near wheat anymore,with others,it's chocolate or onions,it's strange how meno can do this but it can also make allergies more severe too,like getting hay fever all of a sudden or sinus issues,maybe try and keep a food diary,a pain I know but can help,or get an intolerance test done,would have to be privately though, I used cerascreen,if you want to look them up

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 02:03:30 PM »

As above, definitely worth seeing if you find a link to any particular food. It would be worth seeing your gp too in case there's something else going on. And make sure you're getting enough fluids so don't get dehydrated.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 03:20:28 PM »

Hi Sal_J. Sorry you are having stomach problems. I think you should definitely mention this to the GP. It's a change in bowel habit and shouldn't be ignored if it lasts longer than two weeks. Yes, it can be caused by menopause but as my GP says "never put a new symptom down to meno - always get it checked out".

It's called post prandial diarrhoea after eating. Info here. It's an American site but gives clear explanations https://flo.health/menstrual-cycle/health/symptoms-and-diseases/diarrhea-after-eating

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 08:24:08 PM »

Hi do speak to your GP.  It may be suggested that you present stool samples for analysis, not as nasty as it sounds ;-).  I did have 'the runs', 10 mins B4 a bleed began I would have to dash.  No arguments!! even if a period wasn't due  :-\

Imsofedupfeelinglikethis

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 12:17:42 PM »

Hi everyone. Started hrt 2 weeks ago elleste duet 1mg. Did my own menopause test as was feeling very down and tearful. Awlful anxiety was affecting my job. Really shaky in the mornings and no appetite. Just feel so horrible and dont feel getting any better. I start the green tablets tomorrow. Everyone keeps saying give them more time but I feel I cant cope with this. Doctor is ringing me Tuesday for a review. Do I need a blood test to see what's going on? Also waiting for my mirena coil to be changed mid June. Any advice please!!!

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 01:37:19 PM »

Hi Imsofedup .........

'own menopause test' - are U able to explain this?  Some find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful as well as knowing when periods wax and wane. 

Anxiety can be eased by appropriate medication: some ladies find that HRT as well as suitable anti-anxiety tablets help.  Shaking in the morning mayB due to sudden waking with cortisol hormone as well as the body being hungry over night.  Perhaps look at your overall diet and exercise regime to see if it requires tweaking.

Let us know how you get on, mayB start your own thread so that you don't get lost  :welcomemm:

FannyAnnie72

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2021, 03:21:02 PM »

Hi Sal!

I've read somewhere that gastric issues can (as others have already said above/below) a symptom of PM.  I've been much the same for the last couple of years too where I'll eat something and half an hour later I can be heading full throttle to the bathroom!

I now suffer a lot with indigestion and heartburn.  That said, anything that isn't normal for your body should always be checked out with your medical professional just to err on the side of caution and rule anything else out?

Take care of you  :-*
F-A

Imsofedupfeelinglikethis

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2021, 07:11:58 PM »

Thank you ladies for your replies. Really not had a good day been crying most of it. Have good day then bad days. Menopause test you can buy in boots x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2021, 08:04:00 PM »

How does it work?  Urine, food test ....... I kind of knew it was the Change. 

FannyAnnie72

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2021, 05:08:18 PM »

Thank you ladies for your replies. Really not had a good day been crying most of it. Have good day then bad days. Menopause test you can buy in boots x

Hey you, it's ok to have pants days and what I have found (unfortunately) is that sometimes there is no direct trigger, it just comes down on you like a tonne of concrete.  I can suggest listening to music, or reading books, or going for walks, but what works for one may not work for another.  What I DO suggest, it letting yourself have that cry even if it is for hours or days.  Despite making you potentially puffy and drained, I find that a good 'empty-out' can release some of the hormonal tension that can build up unbeknown in the moment xxx

Take care of you xx
F-A

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2021, 05:40:11 PM »

:-\. I can't cry  :-\

FannyAnnie72

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2021, 07:14:50 PM »

:-\. I can't cry  :-\

So rant, or beat a pillow CLKD .. whatever is an outlet, that's ok too <3

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2021, 08:45:41 PM »

I need to cry - I rant at the TV, will that do  ;D DH often mutters "They can't hear you!"  :-X.  A Good Cry would help ease my brain ........... I'm not particularly sad or owt but sometimes I see things on TV and need to release a few tears. 

Jillm

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2021, 12:03:12 AM »

Hello Jaypo,
I see you now have a problem with wheat. Can you tell me what problems have arisen. I think I may now be intolerant to wheat & I am trying to cut down on gluten, it’s hard though as it’s everywhere😡
Pages: [1] 2