Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Evorel Conti patches - newbie advice  (Read 4992 times)

jaycee

Re: Evorel Conti patches - newbie advice
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2021, 10:33:20 AM »

I tried Evoral Conti, but unfortunately didn't work for me,i had hair loss and awful diarrhea for the first 2 weeks, but the bonus was i had a lot more energy
The hair loss made me give them up in the end

jaycee

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2021, 10:44:12 AM »

*Bluebird* how are you getting femseven conti,? according to the list on here of HRT it is still not available

pepperminty

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2021, 10:58:43 AM »

Hi Jaycee,

see link :https://thebms.org.uk/2021/05/british-menopause-society-further-update-on-hrt-supply-shortages-20-may-2021/

apparently FEM7 conti is available

PMXX

Teresa667

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2021, 11:18:54 AM »

I have been on these patches for a year and 1 instance of bleeding so far.  Flushes vanished within 4 weeks, sleep restored within 6 and anxiety also gone.  I have also lost 20lb in weight and have more energy.  I did notice around the 2-3 month mark I was tired a lot and napping through the day and sleeping all night but it passed fairly quickly.  I hope they work for you as well as they have for me

Hi Morty, thank you so much for your reply. Those are the symptons that I really need help with. I've put my first patch on this morning, which I'm a bit anxious about, but I get anxious with anything new.  Fingers crossed that they help.  :)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2021, 07:40:59 PM »

I've been on evorel conti for just over a year. My headaches improved greatly but I have had lots of bleeding throughout, mostly spotting but a couple of instances of flooding (spread over 9 months) which were quite frightening. I'm reluctant to change from evorel conti as it suits me otherwise but the bleeding is getting me down. It is being investigated in case it is not just caused by the conti, but I never had any bleeding apart from the withdrawal bleed on evorel sequi. There have been a few women on here who have continued to have bleeding issues, but a lot of people don't so hopefully it will be good for you.

melrose

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2021, 10:43:18 PM »

How are you feeling on your first week of the patch? Hope its going well, I am nearly though the second week and 'touch wood' all going fine😊

Teresa667

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2021, 07:37:46 AM »

Hi Melrose, I'm so pleased that it's going well for you that is good to hear. This is only my 3rd day and God I feel rough. I put the patch on Monday morning by Monday lunchtime I had a headache, felt queasy and dizzy and started to feel really zonked out. I had to have a 2hr sleep in the afternoon. Yesterday I couldn't do anything as I felt so zombiefied, tired and queasy. I suffer from silent migraine and I'm not sure if the patches have triggered it. Also I have ear problems and with the constant damp rainy weather my ears could be playing up.
I can't work out which it is, but I wasn't this zombiefied before starting the patches.
Today I feel low as I'm so tired I can't function. I don't know whether to put another one on tomorrow and see how I am by the weekend. I think part of me feels very dispondent as I was hoping things would be better. The only positive is that I feel calmer but I think that's because I feel so zombiefied. :(
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 08:29:16 AM by Teresa667 »

melrose

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2021, 09:29:41 AM »

Well hopefully and fingers crossed it gets better, I would definitely carry on as they say it takes around 3 months for things to settle down and you were feeling rubbish before the hrt, so hopefully if you can get through this initial stage you may then feel great. I felt a bit weird and spaced for the first two days on the patch (no change there then  ;D ) but it did pass fairly quickly. I am a tinnitus sufferer so feel for you with your ears, I have mine microsuctioned, but since peri I found my wax to be more sandy and dry??? Let me know how you get on as we are both new starters to this hrt, it's great to have a 'menopause buddy' to share our journey xx

Teresa667

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2021, 10:01:03 AM »

Hi Melrose, I've just spoken with a GP and he has told me to take the patch off. He was focusing on the silent migraine but it was the feeling of being drugged up and not being able to function that was the biggest problem.
He said that because of my history of silent migraine that I won't be able to have HRT. But he's not the GP that's been dealing with this. I can't believe that there isn't a HRT combination that I can try even with a history of silent migraines. Hopefully I'll start to feel better over the next few days. I'll do some research then talk to the lady GP next week who I've been dealing with.
I'm really disappointed that I couldn't get on with these patches.  :(

shrosphirelass

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2021, 10:32:21 AM »

Hi Teresa, I don't think that the advice you have received is right. I went on HRT because of headaches / migraines. I also have flashing lights and no headache (which I think is what you are describing as silent migraines) but HRT was recommended for me by a NHS menopause clinic in the form of patch or gel.

Teresa667

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2021, 02:08:38 PM »

Hi Shropshirelass, I agree I don't believe that what the GP said is completely right and he's not the GP that I've been dealing with regarding HRT. I've been doing some research this morning and I suspect it was either the dosage was too high with the oestrogen or progestrone or my body didnt like the type of progestrone. I'm not going to give up and I'll do more research before talking to my GP. It's 5 hrs since I took the patch off and I'm feeling better already, not so spaced out and zombiefied.

Please could you tell me what HRT you are on?
Many thanks.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2021, 05:47:44 PM »

I'm on evorel conti, started on evorel sequi in peri. I don't seem to have an issue with the progesterone apart from bleeding. I hope you get sorted.

menomope

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2021, 07:06:23 PM »

Hi Teresa
I also suffer from silent migraines and they have been no worse or frequent since I have been on HRT.
When I first went on HRT I felt poorly and I had a lot of abdominal discomfort. It was unbearable initially and I gave up. But I returned to trying later and was so pleased I did as the initial effects went after a week and I am now quite settled on conti patches. Did you try half a patch? Sometimes that works so initial effects are less and then the body adjusts.
Hope you find a way through

Teresa667

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2021, 11:52:39 AM »

Hi Menomope, no I didn't half the patch as the GP just told me to remove It. I'm going to leave it a week before contacting my own GP as I need to get physically and mentally in a better place before I tackle this again. Fingers crossed x

Teresa667

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2021, 11:54:53 AM »

I'm on evorel conti, started on evorel sequi in peri. I don't seem to have an issue with the progesterone apart from bleeding. I hope you get sorted.

Hi Shrosphirelass, thank you  :)
Pages: 1 [2]