Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Evorel Conti patches - newbie advice  (Read 4993 times)

Teresa667

Evorel Conti patches - newbie advice
« on: May 20, 2021, 06:53:04 PM »

Hi, after suffering with the menopause for 5yrs and having to give up work my GP has prescribed me Everol Conti Patches which I will get at the weekend. I mainly suffer with anxiety, exhaustion, thinning hair and night sweats. Ive had blood tests to rule out anything else.
I just wondered if anyone had used these patches and found a positive improvement in their symptons.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 08:24:29 AM by Teresa667 »

bluebird68

Re: Evorel Conti patches - newbie advice
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 03:59:41 PM »

Hi Teresa, sorry to hear you have had to leave your job and suffering. Many of us can relate..I am on femseven conti after trying everol. Depends on your chemistry as some get on better with one or other. Lots of options. I've tried evorel and personally don't get on with it but it's important to give it time, usually 3 months. Hopefully it will suit. Good luck. X

menomope

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 04:49:39 PM »

Hi Teresa
I have been on conti for nearly a year. After some spotting/bleeding in first 4 months I have settled on to the patches very well. I find them very convenient. My symptoms are mostly gone. Persevere- give it  a few months and try something else if conti doesnt work for you

Orba

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 04:51:29 PM »

Hi, Teresa,
I am in similar situation to yourself !
I started these patches a week ago, after being desperate. I'm 54 and had tried a different type of HRT last year that didn't suit .
I felt a bit queasy a couple of times and have had a bit of lower tummy cramping.
My body will  be trying to adjust.
I  just went for it and stuck the patch on  as need to get some relief .
Good luck with starting x

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 04:55:27 PM »

Do keep us all informed as to how you get on. The body will need time to adjust. Fingers crossed for you.

Peppermintyxx

Teresa667

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 07:24:58 PM »

Hi Teresa
I have been on conti for nearly a year. After some spotting/bleeding in first 4 months I have settled on to the patches very well. I find them very convenient. My symptoms are mostly gone. Persevere- give it  a few months and try something else if conti doesnt work for you

Thankyou for your reply, which is very promising. Do you mind if I ask which symptons have improved for you?  :)

Teresa667

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 07:26:03 PM »

Hi Teresa, sorry to hear you have had to leave your job and suffering. Many of us can relate..I am on femseven conti after trying everol. Depends on your chemistry as some get on better with one or other. Lots of options. I've tried evorel and personally don't get on with it but it's important to give it time, usually 3 months. Hopefully it will suit. Good luck. X

Thankyou for replying fingers crossed  :)

Teresa667

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 07:28:07 PM »

Hi, Teresa,
I am in similar situation to yourself !
I started these patches a week ago, after being desperate. I'm 54 and had tried a different type of HRT last year that didn't suit .
I felt a bit queasy a couple of times and have had a bit of lower tummy cramping.
My body will  be trying to adjust.
I  just went for it and stuck the patch on  as need to get some relief .
Good luck with starting x

Thanks so much for your reply. Yep I'm just going to go for it as I like you I've had enough of it. Fingers crossed. :)

Teresa667

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 07:29:53 PM »

Do keep us all informed as to how you get on. The body will need time to adjust. Fingers crossed for you.

Peppermintyxx

Thank you, here's hoping. I will post an update in a few weeks. x

menomope

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 08:44:11 PM »

Hi Teresa
The symptoms that have reduced are fatigue and joint pain. It has also reduced mood swings and I  feel calmer.
The main symptom though that has drastically improved is VA. I now have no problem with this at all which is great.
I never really had hot flushes but I did suffer from night sweats- all gone.
I also take it for bone health and intend to stay on it as long as I can!

melrose

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2021, 09:06:29 PM »

I am only on my 2nd week and my flushes have almost disappeared, was suffering day and night with them and they have been severe and exhausting, but the evorel sequi has amazed me, this is my 3rd attempt on hrt but so far so good on the patches  ;D

Teresa667

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2021, 07:56:23 AM »

Hi Teresa
The symptoms that have reduced are fatigue and joint pain. It has also reduced mood swings and I  feel calmer.
The main symptom though that has drastically improved is VA. I now have no problem with this at all which is great.
I never really had hot flushes but I did suffer from night sweats- all gone.
I also take it for bone health and intend to stay on it as long as I can!

That sounds so encouraging I am so pleased for you. My main symptons are fatigue, low mood, anxiety, night sweats, VA and thinning/shedding hair. So fingers crossed that it may improve these.
It's filling me with hope when I hear experiences like yours, so thankyou for sharing. x

Teresa667

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2021, 07:59:15 AM »

I am only on my 2nd week and my flushes have almost disappeared, was suffering day and night with them and they have been severe and exhausting, but the evorel sequi has amazed me, this is my 3rd attempt on hrt but so far so good on the patches  ;D
That sounds so good, I'm really pleased for you. I was a bit nervous about starting the HRT incase it made things worse but from what I'm reading in these posts most people have found a real improvement. So fingers crossed that I will as well.  :)

pepperminty

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2021, 03:58:34 PM »

Hi Teresa667,

yes there are lots of ladies with very positive results - after all if there were no successes  and we all felt crap -there would be no point in taking HRt even if it did protect us etc. So please keep us all updated on this thread, if you feel able to do so. I wish you every success .

The most important thing is to be kind to yourself .

PMxx

Morty

• First Flush
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2021, 10:52:00 PM »

I have been on these patches for a year and 1 instance of bleeding so far.  Flushes vanished within 4 weeks, sleep restored within 6 and anxiety also gone.  I have also lost 20lb in weight and have more energy.  I did notice around the 2-3 month mark I was tired a lot and napping through the day and sleeping all night but it passed fairly quickly.  I hope they work for you as well as they have for me
Pages: [1] 2