Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan/Vagirux timing question, please...  (Read 2014 times)

DaphneCrane

• First Flush
Utrogestan/Vagirux timing question, please...
« on: May 20, 2021, 04:43:20 PM »

Hello

I am new to this forum and this is my first post! I am trying to find my way around and to use the search function to find answers to my numerous questions but am having little joy phrasing my searches accurately enough :-\ So if anyone can help with the following that would be very much appreciated...

If you are taking more than one thing (different) vaginally, should you wait between 'insertions' and if so, how long?

I have started (3 days ago) taking my utrogestan vaginally due to side effects but have just been prescribed Vagirux pessaries for VA/bladder issues. Does it matter that they are both supposed to be taken 'before bed'? Given the sedative effects of the Utrogestan I am reluctant to mess around with the timing of that too much but could take it early evening I suppose? It's still possibly too early to say whether the grogginess will improve enough to risk changing it to much earlier in the day, though I 'think' I'm feeling less out of it, not sure how long it takes to wear off..?

I don't know why the Vagirux is instructed as taking before bed(?) and therefore whether it would matter? Is it to do with gravity? Side effects?

So in the spirit of Cadbury's creme egg... how do you do yours?  ;D

Any thoughts/advice gratefully recieved.

Dx

Joaniepat

Re: Utrogestan/Vagirux timing question, please...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 07:11:31 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You can insert Vagirux in the morning instead. Unless you are very dry inside it will stick to the vaginal wall. Alternatively, I should think you could insert it, say, an hour before the Utrogestan. I don't use Utro myself, so someone else may be along soon to confirm or contradict!

JP x

DaphneCrane

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 01:08:34 PM »

Thanks Joaniepat. I’ve actually been waking up not dry since starting the Utrogestan vaginally so that should hopefully help if I don’t leave it too long before taking. (Though I’ve not looked at the size of them yet so don’t know how much bigger than the Utrogestan they might be!) And then hopefully once the Vagirux has kicked in that should also help to lubricate things a little more?

I’m waiting until next week after I’ve had my period so won’t be taking the Utrogestan for most of the ‘loading’ 2 weeks and then it will only be 2 days a week, 2 weeks a month.

Don’t suppose anybody knows whether it would be an issue to change the timing around? I.e evenings as the norm but earlier in the day on my Utrogestan weeks?

I’m not even sure if any of this matters  :-\ it’s all still very new to me. I’m only in my 4th month of starting HRT.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 08:49:08 AM »

Hi there DaphneCrane

:welcomemm:

As Belle - when I am on the cyclical part of my HRT I insert the utrogestan at night before bed and then the Vagifem during the day about 12 hours later or in the morning. I don't know about Vagirux though - I haven't heard of it. Vagifem is designed to stick to the vaginal walls so no issue with it dropping out which would be a problem for me and others who've had a few children due to laxity in that region  ::).

When I have the withdrawal bleed I dispense with the Vagifem and coat each tampon with estriol cream (the generic) because otherwise it is dry and sore to insert the tampons.

Keeping to exactly the same time with the Utrogestan isn't crucial but as others said best to maintain approx an even schedule ie night or morning depending on whether you get side effects. Maybe less crucial when used vaginally as progesterone accumulates a bit more where it is needed ( so I read) so less fluctuation.

Good luck

Hurdity x