Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Which hormone responsible for very painful nipples? Has anyone experienced this?  (Read 3299 times)

Gilla999

I don't expect to get many responses but can't hurt to ask!

Istopped Yasmin contraceptive Pill, had a week's break and then started on Lenzetto 3 weeks ago (two sprays in the morning) and yet to take Utrogestan. All had been going swimmingly until about 4 days ago when I started getting horrendous anxiety / buzzing feeling in my head and exhaustion / super sad feelings. In parallel to this I've also started getting painful boobs, but not the normal painful boobs I've always had before (I am very sensitive to breast enlargement and pain from high estrogen) - that is normally all over super heavy swollen painful boobs. Where as this is very specifically just rock hard erect super sensitive and painful nipples! The only time I've ever experienced this before was when I was pregnant. I wondered if anyone knew which hormone scenario would cause this to happen? I know high estrogen is usually associated with breast pain, it's just that this feels very different to the normal breast pain I've got before with high estrogen. Thought I'd see if any other ladies had experienced this!

jaypo

Hi,I've had the super sensitive nipples,omg it was awful,only suffered it a few times and now I'm post meno I've not had it again,I'm guessing it's a shift in hormones which will cause all your other symptoms too

Gilla999

Thanks Jaypo for the reply! It's actually really reassuring to hear it's happened to other people. It's just a weird one because this doesn't fit my normal boob pain that I've experienced naturally when I had estrogen dominance, when I started the contraceptive Pill, or when I tried Estradot for 10 days last year - they were all the same swollen, painful, rock hard boobs. But this is very specifically just the nipples - so much so that you notice it in the mirror! The only time I've ever experienced this is in pregnancy. If it hadn't been accompanied by this other bad anxiety and ill-feeling I would probably not have thought much of it, but I was just trying to work out what it indicates from a hormonal perspective xx

Postmeno3

Could be to do with how your hormones are reacting to the anxiety. If you're in an aroused, anxious state (on alert), there could be something in the cortisol/ adrenaline's relationship with other hormones. Can you try treating the anxiety with mindful techniques or something prescribed or natural, a herbal adaptogen and see what happens? Might take a wee bit of time.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:54:43 AM by Postmeno3 »

Gnatty

Gilla999 I had exactly the same experience when I went from three pumps of oestrogel up  to 4. The good news is that it settled down within a few days. I think it's just one of the many ways our bodies adjust to being woken up by oestrogen

Kelrob12

Hi,

I actually get sensitive(tender really) nipples with just a change in hormones, so when I take Utrogestan they hurt a bit and randomly whilst just on the estrogen. Im really really sensitive to any changes in hormones so always feel like something is going on with boobs or nipples or joints or headaches or anxiety!! 😂

x

Gilla999

Thanks ladies, that's really reassuring! So glad to hear it's not just me. All of my anxiety and emotional feelings seem to be fine today thankfully. So grateful for this website and the women on it xx

jaypo