Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Postmenopuase Ladies  (Read 6983 times)

Padine

Postmenopuase Ladies
« on: May 18, 2021, 01:37:42 PM »

Is there enough interest to start a new topic thread (or board if that's feasible ?) titled "Postmenopause"? Many of the conversations on the MM board cover topics which I'm now too old for, and I want to compare feelings and thoughts about topics that aren't covered, as most members are too young and not interested.

I have spent a lot of time this month searching for topics being covered or mentioned and it's been a waste of time because the search has come up with nothing. I've been looking in particular for
  • how long have you been on HRT for
do you still have the odd hot flush? do these last just a few seconds or varying times?
[/list]what are the best supplements for postmenopausal ladies?
I was thinking mainly about my last point during the last few days. I've been taking the same A Vogel supplement for about 10 years now and feel on an even keel so don't really want to stop it, is there something else others take? What do you think?

Padine x

Postmeno3

Re: Postmenopuase Ladies
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 02:01:06 PM »

Yes, I'd be up for that. After all, it's the next stage and could be useful for others to be prepared for? For me, there can be some quite embarrassing or difficult aspects of postmenopause that have gone unresolved and this age-band we're in might have been quite affected by some of the misinformed theories of twenty years ago. I'm looking forward to hearing others' challenges in postmenopause. It needn't be a time to accept our lot or feel unimportant.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 02:10:09 PM »

I'm late 60s
Initially: 10 years ago: I had flushes after my evening bath - like a glow across the back of my neck down to the shoulders
Skin itching continues - deep in the ears, eyes, nostrils as well as continuing with VA treatment

Both DH and I use 'Nivea' cream on our legs and feet every night B4 bed.  Due to dry skin.

I have never taken supplements as we have a good diet.  What I ought to do is exercise more  :-X

Postmeno3

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 02:46:17 PM »

Late 60s, too. You seem able to tolerate a lot of perfumed items, CLKD? You're very lucky. I also admire your regime of frequent Ibuprofen (?) when things get sensitive or urgent from the urethra. I take magnesium for sleep (not sure if it does anything), Curcumin for arthriticy/carpal tunnel issues (it definitely helps a lot!) and Sea Buckthorn for sensitive vulval area and it seems to help, too. I've injected myself with B12 for years to help metabolise energy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 02:52:14 PM »

We have always eaten freshly good foods, goes back years.  We had to exercise - 1 car in the family, so we either walked or cycled. 

In more recent years I've done less exercise ....... yep, due to regular VA treatment, I can use bubble bath etc.. 

I have always taken pain relief immediately - as I don't want to feel sick by waiting.  It has worked thus far. 

warwick01

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 03:42:23 PM »

Hi - I'm in ;)

Age 62 and still searching for the right regime.

Wx

Night_Owl

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 04:25:15 PM »

Hi All

Yes, good idea!

Count me in too. Would be interested to share post-meno experiences and how to cope.

I'm c.15 years post-meno, 59, still get night sweats, came off all HRT c.2 years ago.

I take: Multi-vits (no iron), Vit C, Vit D, Magnesium, Fish Oil, B2 Riboflavin (for migraine), Rhodiola (adaptogenic herb) - have experimented with loads of other herbs etc etc.

Obviously we're all different and what works for one won't work for another - still would be good to share.

Lioness86

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 04:30:35 PM »

Yes, I would be interested in this, having just gone through the menopause at the beginning of the year. I thought that was it as was so well ....... it’s not though is it? Everything has gone wrong all at once and it is so scary, you don’t know which symptom is more important.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 05:30:29 PM »

I'm uo for that.  Just turned YIKES....70!

Postmeno3

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 05:37:45 PM »

It would be really useful to know the difficulties experienced in this group to see what we might have in common and how we can support each other? I'm on my own so there is no "other" as a reference point.

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 06:21:05 PM »

Hello ladies.

Count me in!

I am 64 and my last period was in 2010 so definitely post menopausal.

After three years of trying  to tough it out I asked for HRT in 2013. I tried various regimes but none ticked all the boxes so in 2019 I came off all HRT. Unfortunately my emotional symptoms ramped up a notch so in December last year I became a patient of Newson Health and I'm now using Oestrogel, Utrogestan and Androfeme. I think you will agree this makes my meno journey  'varied' lol.

Apart from the above I take an anti depressant which I was prescribed  originally alongside the HRT and I haven't been brave enough to try and come off it. I also take  Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism because my Thyroid decided to go wonky at the end of 2019, plus a low dose anti inflammatory for Ulcerative Colitis which thankfully has been in remission for eight years. The only supplements I take are vitamins D to support my immune system and B12 because I  don't eat any animal products.

I feel that I have survived the physical problems of low Oestrogen but the emotional /psychological ones continue to bother me and I am trying to find ways of managing them. I don't recall being this moody as.a teenager but even if I was at least I had the energy to deal with it!

Take care ladies.

K.

Joaniepat

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2021, 07:00:22 PM »

I'm uo for that.  Just turned YIKES....70!
;D You'll be used to it by the time you get to my age! (71)

Yes, good idea for a new topic Padine.
JP x

marge

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2021, 07:07:22 PM »

Great idea Padine, l’m in. 63, 7 years post meno which was non-problematic apart from getting a bit warm, not hot flushes exactly, and the tingling legs and inner vibration which l still get. However, for the last few years, anxiety (particularly health) has been dreadful and something l would dearly love to overcome. I know from this Forum that this is very common in all stages of the meno journey.

Nas

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2021, 07:13:29 PM »

Hi Padine,
Which Avogel supplement do you take out of interest?

Two and a half years post Meno here, just turned 50.
On and off HRT, history of breast cancer and experiencing some grim symptoms, namely anxiety whilst driving a car!

Seriously want to return as a man on in my next life! 😀

Padine

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2021, 07:21:26 PM »

Thank you  :thankyou: :foryou:  for agreeing we could do with our own space! Postmeno3, that's a very good point about giving others a "heads up"! I would have loved a female family member or close friend to share my worries with, coming from a family of boys I'm kind of on my own! My mother had a hysterectomy at 36 (but I wouldn't have asked her anyway as that would have gone straight to favourite daughter and they would have labelled me with some horrible names - don't need that)

I'm nearly 62 and had my last period at 59. I've been on 3 different HRTs, mainly to stop HF. The 3rd is Tibolone (with tiny amount of testosterone to try and kick start my libido. Sadly it hasn't worked)
Can I talk about loss of libido? This lockdown hasn't helped as Mr+Mrs P have been far too cooped up for healthy living! For me to feel loving, I want/need a partner who doesn't lose his temper so often and be more relaxed around the house. We have lists everywhere. Mr P is a good organiser but there is over organising and interfering with the way, and the speed, at which I do everyday things. Once we get more back to normal, God willing, we can be more independent and the loving feeling may come back  :bed: Up until I was 50, I thought sex wouldn't happen at all! How wrong was I.  I'm embarrassed talking about this to the young lady GP and no way would I ever mention it to a male GP!!

Kathleen, I realised when I was a teenager that I was feeling moody but now it comes as a complete surprise. No amount of trying to be in a good mood works,and somedays I wish my mouth would clamp shut and I could just wipe the day out.

I'm looking forward to sharing advice, suggestions and sometimes comfort too. Hope you are all keeping warm

:bighug: Padine x
Pages: [1] 2 3 4