Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Feeling like I'm going to pass out  (Read 1280 times)

shrosphirelass

Feeling like I'm going to pass out
« on: May 16, 2021, 06:08:34 PM »

The last week or so I keep having episodes whilst out walking when I get suddenly feel very hot and feel like I'm going to pass out. Today it was so bad I had to sit down on the path and put my head between my legs. I struggled to get home. Is this a form of a hot flush or could it be something else? I'm already taking iron medication.

jaypo

Re: Feeling like I'm going to pass out
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 06:19:22 PM »

I've felt like that many a time,unrecognised panic attack? Have you checked your BP?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 06:24:53 PM »

I haven't checked my blood pressure Jaypo. This sounds daft but the doctor said not to do it as it gets high due to me getting anxious about it and then I get more anxious, but that means it could be anything. The doctor says it can't be taken at the surgery as it wont be accurate.

KarineT

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 06:36:52 PM »

I had a situation where I felt extremely tired, so much so that I had to stop and sit down in a park before I could continue my journey home after a 20mn walk.  It felt very strange indeed and I was a bit worried. As for BP,  unless it's extremely high or low,  it cannot cause someone to pass out.

menomope

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 06:56:29 PM »

Hi Shropshire lass
I am the same as you with BP. Serious white coat syndrome.
I have had this happen to me before when I have got a little anxious about something and then suddenly panicked.
I have always been inside rather than on a walk.

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 07:41:30 PM »

If BP drops low as it does with me,it can make you feel faint
My OH is the same,pointless taking his BP at Dr as it goes high every time.
Meno of course can also cause panic attacks which a fair few of us on here experience,don't ignore it,speak to your GP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 07:49:33 PM »

Get a home BP monitor and use it every morning at the same time B4 eating.  After a couple of weeks any anxiety will dissipate.  Note down the best of 3 results, takes about 20 mins..

Machair

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 07:57:31 AM »

Have you ever had your B12 checked? This can cause these kind of symptoms and is common after menopause. I had this myself and my levels were at the bottom of the range before treatment.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 07:51:20 PM »

Thanks all. I think my blood pressure is probably a bit high, but not hugely so. I did attempt to take it this morning and the reading varied from 155 to 135. I'm guessing 135 is probably nearer to what it is. each time I did it it went down! and then went up after I got into the 130's. It's definately not low blood pressure I know what you mean Jaypo about low blood pressure I used to get this in my youth. I think its a good idea taking it regularly CKLD. My OH said he should take it and not tell me the readings!

I don't think it's anxiety related. I was walking with my OH chatting away happily and out of the blue a surge of heat and feeling of faintness. I felt a bit like it again this afternoon abou 5.00 but was easier to control being inside and could take things off and have a drink of water and something to eat. I wonder if it is blood sugar related or just a hot flush, as these surges of heat are fairly new to me.

Ive had my B12 checked and it was fine Machair. My bloods came back with problems with the red blood cells (too fat!) and abnormal liver function. These are both being redone in 2 weeks so I guess it could be something related to them.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 08:10:29 PM »

1 never feels high BP.  That's why people have stokes. 

Could it be hot flushes?  4 me adrenaline feels like hot water surging.   Scared me initially!

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 07:21:00 AM »

It does sound more like a flush,a surge of cortisol can make us feel weird,before joining this site,I'd no idea what was wrong with me,this feeling of,what I can only describe as MAJOR butterflies in my stomach,almost like when you get a scare,and the cold but hot feeling all at once,check out the symptoms on the NHS sites but it does sound like this is what you're having