Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Dosage of lenzetto  (Read 6964 times)

shrosphirelass

Dosage of lenzetto
« on: May 13, 2021, 06:30:33 PM »

I am a bit confused by the dosage. The manufacturers seem to suggest that one spray it is equivalent to an evorel 50 patch. I've seen that many women feel it is a much lower dose than this from their real life experiences. I've recently seen this document (https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/HRT-Equivalent-preparations-28.4.21.pdf) which outlines HRT equivalent doses. It suggets that 3 sprays of lenzetto is equivalent to a 50 patch.  My doctor was keen for me to try the spray as he said it was low dosage and flexible. I am concerned that if he thinks that one spray is equivalent to a patch that is what he'll prescribe and my symptoms will worsen as I wont be presecribed enough. I don't understand why such differences in dosage are reported.

Ellie2

Re: Dosage of lenzetto
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 05:41:36 AM »

I use Lenzetto and haven't really though about how much I get from every dose, rather trying to gauge how I feel from it.

I started just a couple of weeks ago on 1 dose and after about 10 days I upped to 2 and feel good on that so far.
I like that I can take more or less depending on how I respond.

Gilla999

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 06:41:35 AM »

It's interesting isn't it. I've just started taking it (two sprays) and been wondering the same thing. From all the threads here I've read (which I'm sure you have too) my take away is that some women seem to absorb the spray better or worse over the cream. It seems to be a very individual thing in terms of Lenzetto dose response. While I know it's not very helpful I would do as Ellie suggests and go on your symptoms. If you're nervous about starting too low, you could always take that BMS print out to your GP to show him? If you're anything like me you'll be able to tell pretty quickly if it's too high or too low.You could always try compromising starting at 2 sprays and if your symptoms start to return just up to 3 sprays?

Floo36

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 06:49:39 AM »

Hi

I absorb very little from it but I’m the same with so far gels and Evorel patch, so very much a poor absorber.  If you look at the bms under Lenzetto it shows the results of some studies done and you will see the different levels that people absorb the Lenzetto.  It really depends how much Estrogen you need, one may be well on 200pmol estradiol where someone else would need 800pmol to feel well. Also the first dose is not comparable with the next, so if you got 50 pmol from spray 1 you may not get another 50 from spray 2.  The data on the bms gives you an idea. 

Floo36

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 02:06:53 PM »

Sorry I meant emc not bms.

PMDD

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 03:18:47 PM »

I have been on Lenzetto for a few months, and am much prefering it to the patches and the gel.....in terms or drying, stability of dose, my mood, and placement.

I agree though that the dose needed seems to vary dramatically....I read that one spray was equiv to a 50 patch, but thats not the case for me. I use 3 sprays over the day, one at 8am, 4pm, 10-11pm....and i think this seems to be equiv to 50-75patch max

My consultant is using my experience to of lenzetto to help guide other women, as he doesnt have many patients on it xx

Salad

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 03:58:10 PM »

I’ve been using 4 sprays of Lenzetto - 2 morning and 2 evening. I feel it wear off late afternoon, which was reflected in my latest blood check when my Oestrogen was 152.

My level was 205 on 200 mcg Estradot patches. So the next step is to discuss a combination of patches and spray.
I’ve popped my patches back on and have continued the Lenzetto - I’m waiting for my review with the GP prescribing for me.
I do like the spray despite the weird smell  :)

Gilla999

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 04:38:43 PM »

Very interesting... it does seem to be the case from the posts I've read here that most women feel it is definitely not 1 spray equalling one 50mg patch. I'm so grateful for this forum!

Shropshirelass I think taking the BMS info to your GP would be a good place to start, to see if you can start on higher than 1 spray?

Ellie2

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 05:24:03 AM »

I’ve been using 4 sprays of Lenzetto - 2 morning and 2 evening. I feel it wear off late afternoon...

I think I've felt something similar the last 2-3 days. Like some symptoms return in the evening and was actually thinking it might be the estrogen wearing off? So good to have that confirmed.

How did you figure that out and did you increase/spread out the doses on your own?