Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Livial and rash help  (Read 931 times)

tammiegurl

Livial and rash help
« on: April 02, 2021, 04:19:18 AM »

Hi again I'm continuing this rocky menopause hrt journey!! Saw my doctor yesterday and she has changed me from Femoston 1/10 to levial. I was having itchy skin on femoston. Well I took my first Levial last night and today my skin feels really hot, the itchy is kind of a continuous tingle (which before I'd have a itchy attack for a while cold pack and rub in coconut and aloe Vera oil and it would settle until next flare up) I'm also now see'ing a red rash. Should I stop the levial?? This all happens on my arms!

tammiegurl

Re: Livial and rash help
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 05:48:01 AM »

Wondering if it could be progesterone hypersensitivity/allergy? Have you tried antihistamine?
Did you have any similar issues during your menstrual cycle? I would try antihistamine out of interest, see if it helps, stop livial and seek medical, tammiegurl. I get an itchy, burning rash with prometrium as does Perinowpost.
Bes wishes!!

I did not have any issues with skin itch before going on HRT. I was fine for the first week I went on femoston 1/10 then the insanely itchy arms started. The doctor suggested I change to patches and the patch cause red irritation on my thigh within 24hrs so I stopped patches went back on Femoston 1/10 put up with itch until my 3.5mths on hrt appointment and she changed me to Levial which I took last night and rash has appeared and tingle on skin.  I have also noticed today that the hot sweats are coming back which we're a real issue and part of the reason I went on HRT. I was so bad 24/7 sweats, chest and body pain, gut issues the works. Femoston has definitely helped all these but I just don't know if I can handle this whole HRT itchy arms. I swear if I had nails my arms would be blood its so intense!! And lay with ice packs on my arms to ease it!! But now I'm worried the new hrt is not working after just one tablet I seem to be getting old symptoms plus itch and rash back!!!

tammiegurl

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 09:09:26 PM »

Update. So I took another livial last night trying to give it a chance and I'm still itchy, chest is sore and I'm getting hot and cold again......
. Im so frustrated with all of this I just want to cry!!!!!! Out of the 3 Femoston,  patch and Livial I feel The Femoston 1/10 feels like it worked the best but the itchy skin!!!! Im so torn between quitting and trying natural and diet etc or going back onto Femoston 1/10  and going insaine with itchy skin!!  Ive an allergy to HRT!!! So sad why can't something just work!!

tammiegurl

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 12:17:21 AM »

So I decided yesterday to stop all hrt and go natural. I spent $83 on supplements and have given myself 48hrs between taking anything and I will start supplements tonight.

I brought:
 Remifemin plus
Curcumin
Calcium/magnesium/ D
Vitamin C and zinc
Omega 3 ( I already had this)
Collagen powder

A lot are twice a day

Flamingo

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 10:19:37 AM »

Hi there, i think I’m getting a similar reaction.  Did stopping HRT help?

Thank you
Hayley