Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does anyone still drink coffee without exacerbating menopausal symptoms?  (Read 2749 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Nutrition could probably be a whole 60 hour slot  ::)

As 4 de-caff - pour it into the sink, missing out the middle woman  :D

Hurdity

I drink loads of coffee and tea but now I try to mix the strong cafetiere stuff ( freshly ground!) with decaff as it makes me too zippy especially as I generally have two mugs mid morning (as well as probaby 5 mugs of tea throough the day...). Maybe I should cut down! I'm so sleepy in the mornings that I can't move without tea but would be interested to know how I would feel (eventually) after total withdrawal. Never exacerbated menopausal symptoms but HRT deals with most of those. The rest I think are down to increasing age....

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

I have read that stopping caffeine can induce headaches ........

Hurdity

Yes CLKD you have to withdraw slowly. Sudden withdrawal is worse than just headaches - Ive done it years ago - horrible intense tension and irritiability a bit like pms!!! So coming off caffeine like any other addictive drug - would just substitute more decaff little by little so one does not notice  ::)

Hurdity x

loonarider

Thank you all for sharing you coffee experiences  :o

Today I decided to have coffee and just wasn't enjoying it, guess I've gotten so used to not drinking it for quite a while. Guess I'll be sticking to my fav decaf Yorkshire tea.   :D

Dougalina

Nutrition could probably be a whole 60 hour slot  ::)

As 4 de-caff - pour it into the sink, missing out the middle woman  :D

There are some really good decaf products now. Levazza do a really good coffee, and Yorkshire decaf tea is good too. Even my oh can’t tell the difference

Postmeno3

Oh yeah! Levazza is great. M&S decaf coffee and tea both good and Sainsbury's. These are the nearest I've found to the "real thing"! Trouble is, there are some theories that the process of producing decaf products results in a more damaging product for health than caffeinated! I'm on the fence......
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 08:42:51 AM by Postmeno3 »

Dougalina

Hi postmeno

Some products were/are decaffeinated using chemicals, and those are the ones which are more harmful. However, many products are now decaffeinated using water, which is non harmful.  The label should tell you.

Dougalina

Aprilflower

Here is a link that explains the process of decaffeination.  Conclusion is that it's safe.  I think the scare stories were put about by one of the tabloids, a few years ago.  Trouble is these stories tend to stick 🙄

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5pl7tvwPmfpdHSngXnzggRT/are-the-methods-used-to-decaffeinate-coffee-bad-for-me
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 09:14:18 PM by Aprilflower »
Pages: 1 [2]