Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie needs help!  (Read 1045 times)

SAX74

• First Flush
Newbie needs help!
« on: May 13, 2021, 02:13:34 PM »

Hello ladies, I’m hoping you can help me.

I’m 47 and started my peri menopause at 40. I struggled for the first 2 years with blinding headaches, hot flushes, no sleep etc, but didn’t want to go down the HRT route due to the horror stories that were in the press. After 2 years I found myself breaking down in front of the GP asking for help as by that point I was physically and mentally exhausted.

I have tried a variety of different HRT over the last 5 years. Tablets gave me migraines so I then went onto patches but the sequi version made me bleed constantly. I had several investigations including a hysteroscopy and was given a mirena coil in 2019. This controlled the bleeding and I just had an Evorel patch for the oestrogen and it worked fine for me. Then there was a shortage of patches etc so I just stopped taking anything as I was fed up of everything constantly being out of stock.

I was off HRT for 13 months and my periods stopped 11 months ago. It was manageable for the first 8 months without any HRT but then it hit me again and the symptoms came back with a vengeance. I started on Evorel 50 again in January but I am now getting very bad headaches, fuzzy head, aching joints etc and I’m at my wits end. I’ve also started to have a little bleed again each month.

Can anyone advise whether the oestrogen dose needs to be increased or decreased?

Sorry for such a long thread but the last 7 years have been brutal and I hope I’m through the worst of this soon xx :'(

sheila99

Re: Newbie needs help!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 04:33:14 PM »

Do you have a mirena again or is your progesterone coming from conti patches? If the latter it could be that type of progestin doesn't agree with you. Were the fuzzy head and aching joints meno symptoms or are they new? I assume the headaches are new?

SAX74

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 05:50:54 PM »

Hi Sheila

I’ve had a mirena in since 2019 but had a year break from HRT in 2020 and only started it again in January. I thought the fuzzy head and joint pain etc was just because it takes a few months to settle but it has now been 4 months and things are still the same.

Helen greenwood

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 08:16:50 AM »

Hello

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 08:33:24 AM »

Morning Helen.  Browse round, make notes.  Ask away ..........