Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Different Strength of patches  (Read 746 times)

2cats

Different Strength of patches
« on: May 13, 2021, 01:36:05 PM »

Hi,

I’m been on femseven conti 50mcg patches for 4 months now (gp decided time to come off gel and utogestan route as I’m 52...).
I’m not sure the 50mcg strength is enough now as i became perimenopausal in my late 30s and 50mcg on sequi was enough to control most symptoms. Surely it would be reasonable to think that as I’ve got older and further into the menopause, that I need more oestrogen ?? I’m very weepy, anxious, lost my sense of humour and have joint pain in my hands again.
So do patches come in higher strengths and if not has anyone topped up with oestrogel?

Thanks for any advice you might have for me 😊
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 01:38:18 PM by 2cats »

hereandthere

Re: Different Strength of patches
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 01:41:44 PM »

You’d think, however my gynae said to me my estrogen levels had got too high, hence provoking symptoms, so I guess it’s not always so straightforward.
I do think it is the more likely reason though, despite my own experience.
I didn’t know you had to come off the gel and utrogestan- thought it was the ‘gold standard’ and you don’t sound old.

Robin

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 01:42:20 PM »

were you feeling well on the gel and Utrogestan? If you were then perhaps you’re not absorbing the estrogen as well with the patches and a blood test would help.

Robin

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 01:43:16 PM »

Did the GP give you a reason why she was taking you off that regime ? It’s ok to stay on the gel and Utrogestan as long as you need to and also ok to add gel to the patches
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 01:46:36 PM by Robin »

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 04:07:04 PM »

2cats

I have just stopped Femseven Conti after 11 weeks due to smae symptoms you describe. For me the low mood was crippling with suicidal, I think for me it is the continues progesterone.

Wx