Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anybody have experience using Evorel patches and the Mirena coil?  (Read 1188 times)

loonarider

Hi there,

I am having the coil fitted this Friday and already have the Evorel 50 patches prescribed by my GP (after much pressure applied).

Wondering any positive experiecnes with both? I've gone for the less riskier hrt method or so they say.

Love to hear your thoughts, thanks! x
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 04:13:31 PM by loonarider »

Jellyb

Re: Anybody have experience using Evorel patches and the Mirena coil?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 08:52:38 PM »

Hi,
Several years ago I was on Evorel 25 patches & Mirena coil. I was very happy on this regime and would have continued. However, when the time came to replace the Mirena, they found my womb had shrunk & so couldn't insert a replacement.
I was very upset at the time, as I'd felt great for so many years, and I wasn't relishing the trial & error that finding a new combination would entail.
I'm now on Evorel conti and all is good again!

loonarider

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 09:57:02 PM »

Hi,
Several years ago I was on Evorel 25 patches & Mirena coil. I was very happy on this regime and would have continued. However, when the time came to replace the Mirena, they found my womb had shrunk & so couldn't insert a replacement.
I was very upset at the time, as I'd felt great for so many years, and I wasn't relishing the trial & error that finding a new combination would entail.
I'm now on Evorel conti and all is good again!

Oh so sorry to hear that, but glad you've find a replacement that works. I'm really looking forward to having it fitted moreso now, albeit not the pain so much.

I may ask for local anaesthetic if possible :D

loonarider

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 10:00:49 PM »

I don't want to start a new thread for this and hoping someone sees my reply, but wondering if you can cut patches in half? Let's say I wanted to lower the dose.

I'm not great with medication, and was wondering if that would be possible which would mean avoiding asking for another prescription for Evorel 25.

Jellyb

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 09:10:44 AM »

Hi, me again!
I do cut my patches in half (used to do 3/4).  I cut diagonally as I'm sure I've read somewhere that that is better. not sure where though.

loonarider

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 09:26:53 AM »

Hi, me again!
I do cut my patches in half (used to do 3/4).  I cut diagonally as I'm sure I've read somewhere that that is better. not sure where though.

Thanks Jellyb!  :D

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 07:17:27 PM »

loonarider, I was advised by the menopause clinic to cut patches in half when I first started on patches.

Let us know how you get on. I'm also considering changing from evorel conti to a mirena and evorel 50 (or spray).