Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT: bleed starting too early?  (Read 607 times)

Angie71

• First Flush
HRT: bleed starting too early?
« on: May 10, 2021, 05:27:28 PM »

Hi there,

I’m hoping someone can help me with this issue. I’ve been on HRT for the last 5 months. First 3 on Evorel Sequi patches and I was having a bleed within 4/5 days of starting the patch with progesterone in it. Quite heavy bleeding each month lasting 7-10 days so I decided to see if I could get prescribed Utrogestan (with Oestrogel) hoping the bleeding would be less but it’s worse!

I have been bleeding about 3/4 days after starting the Utrogestan and bleeding for about 2 weeks.

From reading up on it here, it seems that the bleed should start when I’ve FINISHED the Utrogestan part of the cycle not almost as soon as starting it.

Prior to starting HRT I only had two periods over the previous year so definitely in perimenopause (age 49).

I’m wondering if the progesterone is too much. Should I stop taking the Utrogesterone as soon as a bleed starts? So not use it for the whole 12 days?

My GP is useless unfortunately and it takes over a month just for a telephone appointment which they will say I need to discuss this so hoping I can get done advice on here.

TIA.