Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie needing help with HRT!  (Read 739 times)

Kal27

• First Flush
Newbie needing help with HRT!
« on: May 25, 2021, 01:37:07 PM »

Hi,

I’m relatively new to this and really need some advice please. I started Evorel Sequi 4 months ago but it doesn’t seem to agree with me.

I spoke to a GP at my surgery - who seemed confused what Evorel Sequi was and said she would have to research alternatives.

She has decided that I should try evorel 50 for the first 2 weeks of my cycle and then change to Utrogestan 100mg for the second 2 weeks.
Does this seem right? She seemed very confused herself. Honestly I’d be grateful for any advice x

Taz2

Re: Newbie needing help with HRT!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 06:21:36 PM »

Hi Kal27. Sorry the Evorel doesn't agree with you. How does it make you feel? Some women (me included) get PMT type symptoms from the progesterone in the patch (second two weeks) so if you feel bad during this time a change in progesterone might make you feel much better.

The doctor has got it partly right. You need to use Evorel 50 patches continuously though and for the second two weeks you need to add in the utrogestan. Others on here are on the same or similar regime and I'm sure they will be along soon

You'll find lots of help and advice plus humour and friendship on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm: