Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: femoston patches and evorel conti patches  (Read 1167 times)

robotwars

femoston patches and evorel conti patches
« on: May 16, 2021, 03:01:25 PM »

Hi! i was on evorel conti patches and was told to stop them as i bleed constatntly, after 8 months GP said to stop them. I have just noticed that you can now get the femoston patches again... just wondered if anyone had tried evorel and had bleeding on them and then tried femoston and didnt bleed, cant decide if its worth a try as i have now been off HRT since december and flushes, muscle aches, brain fog, anxiety are all back......just wondering what to do, is it just that the progeterone is different

Taz2

Re: femoston patches and evorel conti patches
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 03:41:31 PM »

I think you mean FemSeven? It's just the progesterone that's different. Some women bleed on every continuous HRT and go back to sequential instead. At least that way you know roughly when to expect a monthly bleed. I did this (before I had a hysterectomy for prolapse) and I know that Hurdity also reverted to sequi.

Taz x

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 05:45:57 PM »

Thanks Taz2 - yes femsevern

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 05:55:52 PM »

Would you consider the sequi option? Maybe try the FemSeven first. You'll have to give it 6 months again though before knowing if the bleeding will settle down.

Taz x  :-\

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 06:04:45 PM »

I'm interested in this too as I have had bleeding since I started evorel conti Februaury 2020 and I'm fed up with it. I'm being encouraged to have a mirena as this is supposed to control bleeding. I didn't have issues with bleeding with sequi but because of the hormonal fluctuations my headaches wre dreadful and the conti regime has much improved them.

robotwars

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 07:41:35 PM »

Hi! I have tried sequi, its good you bleed at a set time but i literally flooded, it was so heavy!!! so i went back on the conti, interestingly as soon as i stopped HRT periods stopped again!! so i now havent bleed since dec..... im 56

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 11:37:23 PM »

The periods when you were on sequi were merely bleeds produced by being on HRT not natural periods so once you stopped using it there were no hormones to stimulate the womb lining or shed it. Hence no more bleeds. I would think this is usual for 56. How long were you on sequi for? Heavy bleeds are such a nuisance. Mine were ok after the first three months thankfully.

Taz x

robotwars

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 07:37:41 PM »

i did 6 months on sequi, then went back onto the conti but continued to bleed all the time, i perservered for 8 months on the conti.....

KatyB

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 05:35:29 PM »

And I'm another one who went back to sequential because I bleed continuously on conti (patches and utrogestan) but not at all on sequential....I do know people who found the coil was great alternative to the utrogestan for them. But rest assured, provided you are getting the necessary level of utrogestan its ok to do sequential even if you are post menopause. Vice versa if you still have your periods doesn't apply though - sequential if you are peri.