Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan side effects  (Read 869 times)

GetStuffedPeri

Utrogestan side effects
« on: May 08, 2021, 04:21:31 PM »

I know there's been literally 100s of threads on Utrogestan (specifically for us - continuous 100mg a day alongside 3/4 pumps a day of estrogel) but may I please ask what the worst side effect was/is for any of you ladies/your partners who may have changed or even perhaps given up on HRT due to the Prog side of things?  My wife started 3/4 pumps a day of estrogel just over a month ago due to needing more estrogen after 7 months on the Evorel Conti patch.  The utrogestan simply wipes her out....she feels like a zombie most of the time but feels that the benefits of the gel outweigh the narcolepsy state.....  ;) Any similar experiences?  I've read horror stories about ladies feeling awful on Utrogestan.....

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan side effects
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 07:22:16 PM »

Me too. I'm late peri so still on sequi but I intend to use long cycle sequi in meno so I have more 'good' time. Would be worth trying vaginally in case that improves it.

lillith112

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 07:42:58 AM »

Utrogestan has the opposite side effect for me, it keeps me awake, have awful insomnia on it 😥

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 09:53:16 AM »

Hello ladies.

I have been using Utrogestan vaginally every night. I have been experiencing breast tenderness which I know is a side effect but I have also been feeling very tired and lethargic. I am now wondering if that is also a side effect?
I am using 4/5 pumps of gel but I am still jittery etc so I am having a blood test to see if I am absorbing it correctly.
If I find out anything of interest I will update the forum.

Take care ladies.

K.