Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: "Sex, Myth and Menopause" Channel 4 next week.  (Read 6270 times)

Postmeno3

"Sex, Myth and Menopause" Channel 4 next week.
« on: May 07, 2021, 07:03:38 AM »

Looks like Davina McCall is set to expose some important material in this show. It's 9p.m. next Wednesday, Channel 4. Dr Newson hailing it.

-------------
Addendum by Admin
See Dr Currie's blog post on this programme here
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 10:52:11 AM by Emma »

Fusseh

Re: "Sex, Myth and Menopause" Channel 4 next week.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 07:27:15 PM »

Thanks for the 'heads up'. I shall be watching! :o

Sophie20

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 08:33:02 PM »

Thank you ...that should be interesting!

Foxylady

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 11:01:22 AM »

Got it set to record!

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 08:26:59 PM »

Just watching this.. So  during their training G.PS only have to do a non compulsory E. Module on menopause!... which explains why so many are clueless about a subject that affects so many women.

Perinowpost

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 08:42:40 PM »

Just watching it now it’s really good

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 08:48:22 PM »

Agree Perinowpost, excellent and very clearly explained.

Cookie25

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 09:12:37 PM »

:-* :-* :-* Loved it! Wish it was more than one episode!!!!!

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 09:29:21 PM »

I'm about to watch it. OH has gone to bed  ;D

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 06:44:24 AM »

Put it on record Taz?  ;D

I thought the programme was well balanced and pleased to see Nick and Louise heading the information, rather than flitting between various 'experts' which is common in written journalism.  Now we should have a 30 mins follow-up programme to cover each issue separately, mayB we need to send questions to the Channel? 

What wasn't explained 2 the viewer is, that after qualifying, trainees do 6 months learning in each speciality - B4 choosing General Practice.  So this is miles away from when they get to menopause themselves and the modules R on-line courses.  Also, I didn't like the woman who Davina talked to about the sexual aspect: she had no eye contact, seemed embarrassed as her eyes were everywhere  :-\??? This is a woman who probably works behind a computer rather than facing women with difficulties ????

Bet Davina's in-box is buzzing this morning!

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 09:27:51 AM »

Agree re the training CLKD and the modules aren't compulsory either, which explains why so many G. P'S know nothing! For the most part l thought the programme was excellent though and if nothing else revealed the general lack of knowledge and understanding about the subject in many women and G.P's! Hopefully this will raise awareness in both and will lead to more discussion. Also good to see Nick Panay and Louise Newson on board, l wish women could  get access to this kind of advice and treatment without having to go private; as Davina mentioned menopause clinics are woefully thin on the ground.
I agree with you about the sex toy woman,  happily assuring us that 95 year old  women still have desire and orgasms after meno with no mention of  the possible need for Testosterone, which of course is still unlicensed and so rarely prescribed by G. P's ( despite NICE guidelines! )

Postmeno3

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 09:28:00 AM »

CLKD, Do you mean the woman promoting sex toys etc later in life? That bit got a bit tacky for me as it seemed to be focused "simply" on alternative ways to achieve orgasm, quick solutions, rather than the huge emotional toll and physical challenges of the difficulties of penetrative lovemaking at this stage of life (resulting in the chicken and egg scenario for both); how desire can be affected as a result. So this section felt a bit avoidant and dismissive about very real issues post-menopausally. You're right, a series of spin-offs on specific aspects would be highly useful. It was an empathic and honest programme, though. Brave (and brava!) Davina!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 11:10:24 AM by Postmeno3 »

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 10:05:32 AM »

I thought the programme was fantastic. Tough to watch at times, but really highlighted the abysmal starting point re: awareness in the general population and, most shockingly, among GPs.
It also succeeded where my other attempts to talk about peri/menopause at home have failed, and my other half and eldest - a teenager - actually sat down and watched it with me. The teenager sat through almost the entire programme until it got to the sex toy bit, then the embarrassment factor kicked in and they left the room, lol.

warwick01

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2021, 10:21:24 AM »

Really enjoyed the programme. Well done to all involved

Wx

hotmama

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2021, 10:24:19 AM »

Yeh, great programme. All very well a 95 yr old  having orgasms but where does she find a man who’s still capable of giving her one! Hence the sex toys maybe?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4