Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: D-Mannose and uti  (Read 3136 times)

Katejo

Re: D-Mannose and uti
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2020, 09:15:42 AM »

Sadly, the practice at my surgery is if the dipstick is clear, nothing further is deemed necessary.......
🙄
Dipstick tests are now recognised as inadequate and frequently wrong. Even lab tests aren't very reliable. I tried D Mannose but it didn't help me, perhaps because I didn't take it frequently enough. Vagifem was much more effective as a preventive treatment.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2020, 09:37:04 AM »

How R U this morning Postmeno?

As oestetrogen levels drops so the body may become dry: inside and out; eyes, deep in the ears, skin, scalp, vagina, anus and muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  The human body cleanses itself via the internal organs quite adequately unless it goes 'wrong' when advice will be sort.  A diet in dairy helps stave off osteoporosis along with regular brisk exercise to keep bones healthy.  Good dental care helps the jaw line, which like the large bones needs teeth to avoid gum shrinkage.  Old age and all that  ::)

For vaginal atrophy - read threads on the forum.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 09:40:09 AM by CLKD »

menomope

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 04:56:39 PM »

Re Uti and D mannose.
I have unfortunately been a regular sufferer of cystitis or urethritis throughout my adullt life. I wont bore anyone with my history of this and just talk about the d mannose. I buy from sweet cures as they make the purist product and you can email Anna for advice which can be invaluable. Their website is really good for general advice and dosage which is very useful and that info is not necessarily available on other sites.
You can take it to get rid of an infection or to prevent one. If you have a full blown infection it can take several days to rid the infection. It will work but you have to be dedicated to it and take every few hours during the night or the infection will flare up again. But if you hate taking antibiotics again and again it can be a good alternative. To prevent attacks it can be taken once a day and before and after sex. Again this can be a good preventtive. it is not cheap though.
It works really well for some people and they swear by it. for others it is only partially helpful. I recommend giving it a try and hopefully you will one of the ones that it works for.
 It is safe to take long term and doctors now recommend d mannose!
Hope this helps  :)

Postmeno3

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 05:20:13 PM »

Thanks so much and I'm sorry you have to endure such testing times with urinary tract issues. I have a really complex presentation anyway, due to my M.E., the adrenal fatigue component really messing with the whole hormonal cascade. So, tips/thoughts on diet, exercise etc. may be harder for me to work with and not apply. The d-mannose does seem to help a lot. I just want to ensure I don't overdo it so that it becomes ineffective when I really need it. Thanks again for your very helpful suggestions.
💚

menomope

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 05:52:48 PM »

Hi again
d mannose does not become resistant so no worries there  :)

Iris67

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2021, 04:11:26 PM »

I'm trying this at the moment and using a product from Cytoplan - combines D-Mannose and Cranberry extract. Worth a try.

Postmeno3

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2021, 04:21:42 PM »

If I remember correctly, there are mixed opinions on whether cranberry helps or not, possibly to do with the sugars (?) so it will be interesting to hear how you get on. Good luck!

Iris67

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2021, 06:34:15 PM »

Thanks Postmeno 3. I've heard the jury's out on cranberry...certainly the juice as the sugar content is so high. I'm trying this one as I trust the company, it's a powder and as I'm coeliac and allergic to certain preservatives I need to be careful. I might try another one which has been mentioned on this site - Waterfall I think?

Fingers crossed!  :)

Postmeno3

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2021, 07:01:13 PM »

🤞
Pages: 1 [2]