Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Return of symptoms?  (Read 970 times)

Jogawne

Return of symptoms?
« on: May 05, 2021, 10:10:40 AM »

Hi all. I started HRT last September, and am 2 years post menopause.
I'm on 3 pumps of oestrogel (I'm on oestrogel and had to fight to ensure I receive that one) and 100mg of utrogestan daily.
I've had no blood tests etc and have had to sort doses myself.
The last few weeks my anxiety has been raised, I've felt so much more emotional and been feeling hotter in the night. No hot flushes in the day.
Is this a return of my menopause symptoms or just life? Do I tweak my gel myself? How would I know if I was getting too much oestrogen?
I feel lucky to have been prescribed HRT but feel I've been left to get on with it from there
TIA  Jo

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Return of symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 11:47:31 AM »

Hi!  sometimes the ovaries have a party and kick out more hormones, so HRT can be over-ridden.

What does it say in the leaflet in the box?  Have you tried putting the name into the search box to C if any threads come up? 

racjen

Re: Return of symptoms?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 04:05:38 PM »

Difficult because in some women, anxiety is a sign of too much estrogen (which is the case with me), and in others too little. I'm on Evorel patches and oral Provera, and I tweak the estrogen level every cycle for the 14 days when I'm on Provera, as I find the longer I'm on progesterone the more depressed I get, but once I stop taking it my mood swings the other way and I get increasing anxiety. It may be that you need more estrogen because your ovaries have still been producing some estrogen, but less and less as time goes by. Or it could be the opposite. You can only know by experimenting - given that you also feel emotional and hot I'd probably increase the estrogen a bit and see what happens. Hope that helps x