Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Stopping HRT for a week... advice  (Read 764 times)

sophw1998

Stopping HRT for a week... advice
« on: May 05, 2021, 05:57:33 PM »

Hey everyone! It’s been a long time since I have last posted. I have been on HRT for nearly 6 months now. I take femoston 2/10. I think I am going to run into some problems soon though. Basically, I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to get my next prescription on time due to problems with changing my doctors surgery as I am a student, I am registered in chester but live in Birmingham so can’t put my prescription in. I run out of tablets on Sunday and it will probably take a week to re register at my doctors in Birmingham... will it massively impact me if I do not take my tablets for a week? I feel super stressed at the moment, I always seem to feel like this when I’m on the progesterone part of my tablets...

Please let me know your thoughts

S xox

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stopping HRT for a week... advice
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 06:02:37 PM »

Go to the Surgery and ask for a copy of the script to be faxed/e-mailed from your regular Surgery/Pharmacy?  I've done that when I 4got my ADs when on holiday, went to a Pharmacist who checked with my GP and was able to give me enough for the week.

NicolaJ

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 06:34:07 PM »

Could you contact your current GP before you move and explain the situation. See if they’ll give you a script maybe for one month to tide you over. I have been working in a practice over lockdown and this is what lots of patients do for continuity of meds

sophw1998

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 07:18:12 PM »

Hey CLKD and Nicola

I think I’m going to call them tomorrow and ask - it’s so stressful and confusing! I hope they will be able to it for me. Like you said I can’t see why they wouldn’t be able to I think I just panicked myself thinking I might not be able to get my meds. Will update tomorrow! Thank you again

S xox

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 08:12:25 PM »

Let us know!