Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Menopause Clinic in South Wales  (Read 1634 times)

SofaDaze

• First Flush
Menopause Clinic in South Wales
« on: May 06, 2021, 12:44:21 PM »

Hello,  I've come on the forum to shout out about the Menopause and Coil Clinic in Cwmbran, Wales.  I asked my GP Surgery to refer me (52, having a nightmare like so many) as the Evorel Sequi patches I was using had basically stopped working after about 4-5 months.  The Nurse Practitioner agreed to refer me. It took a while altogether (a few months, also due to Covid).

Today I've had a Mirena coil fitted, time will tell how it helps with the symptoms. The two ladies I saw were exemplary - thank you Dr. Janet Badger and Nicky (I hope I got your name right!).  The clinic consultant is Dr. Oliver (female) and the address is Cwmbran Contraception and Sexual Health Clinic, Tudor Road, Cwmbran, NP44 3YA (opposite the Police Station - so by going to the one, you avoid ending up in the other ;)).

I really felt understood and put at ease. These ladies are ON IT! I will have the coil for progesterone plus 100mg oestrogen patches, and will be reviewed in three months time. I even left with the next appointment noted down for me.

I hope this message is where it should be, I wasn't sure what was best.

I was amazed to be told that a lot of surgeries don't know the Clinic exists. It seems we do have to push to get our way, but the more we spread the word, the easier we'll make it for other women. Best wishes to you all.

sheila99

Re: Menopause Clinic in South Wales
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 01:29:51 PM »

Glad to hear you had a positive experience. There are so many stories of poor service from GPS who know nothing about meno it's nice to hear a good news story. Too far for me unfortunately.