Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New here and would value advice  (Read 1073 times)

Dougle

• First Flush
New here and would value advice
« on: May 04, 2021, 10:49:43 AM »

Hi
I've recently turned 45 and after having regular periods I suddenly stopped sleeping in January (feeling 'wired' and reminiscent of how I'd felt in my third trimester in both pregnancies). That, with IBS like symptoms, anxiety, drop off the cliff libido, and just not feeling myself any more and a sympathetic GP led me to Oestradot 50 and utrogestan 200mh for 12 days pcm of my cycle. The latter was bliss, with the sedating effect giving me more than 3-4 hours sleep for the first time in months, and then I get to  day 13, stop it, and bang, back to not sleeping.  I'm feeling hollowed out again from insomnia, totally unproductive and wondering if (a) I can request to take the utogestan continuously and (b) when I can expect the oestrogen to kick in to (hopefully) relieve my other symptoms. Everything is hanging on this, especially my mental health. Any tips or thoughts would be so welcomed.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New here and would value advice
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 11:26:36 AM »

:welcomemm: I don't take HRT other than for vaginal atrophy, hopefully someone will pop a reply.  Or you could try the search box and put the products into it: make notes.  Sometimes it doesn't work though  :-\

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: New here and would value advice
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 08:13:32 AM »

Hi.

I can’t answer your question, but hopefully someone will.
Hang on in there, I’m sure someone will post soon who knows about this stuff. 🤞🏼

Xx