Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bleeding  (Read 2082 times)

kazy68

Bleeding
« on: May 01, 2021, 11:52:09 AM »

Hi ladies,
Not sure where to start, but am hoping for some advice if you can,
On an earlier post I explained about an on going period,
That one lasted from 14th Jan to 15th March, when I thought I would get a good break, no such luck,
Another period started on the 7th April until the  28th Aprl, finally thinking relief,
Today took my mum shopping going round tesco I felt the dreaded gush, went as fast as I could to buy towels left hubby and mum to pay for the shopping and went to the loo and low and behold another one has started, not light either, heavy with clotting, can't believe its happening again, already feel like my legs have been broken and sellotaped back together, agonising cramps fuzzy head exhausted beyond belief,
Already said I'm getting in touch with gp Tuesday,
Anyone experience this at all,
Any ideas on how to slow it or stop it
Feeling so drained.

Karen x

jaypo

Re: Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 12:16:03 PM »

Hi there,this was me before my hysterectomy,huge clots and a constant period,was horrific,towards the end I was scared to leave the house,mine was down to fibroids,have you had any scans etc?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 12:24:35 PM »

I feel for you kazy. This was me for a couple of years when in early peri. I didn't know about this site then so just thought it was normal so didn't get it checked out. I ruined a B&B mattress one weekend and a chair at my goddaughters wedding reception due to sudden flooding. So embarrassing! I hope the doctor is sympathetic and understanding.

Nurofen has an ingredient which can slow menstrual bleeding if you can tolerate it.

Taz x

kazy68

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 12:44:07 PM »

Thanks ladies,
I had scans about 18 months ago due to the same thing all clear no problems.
Taz extremely embarrassing I couldn't wait to get home, just sent hubby for nurofen thankfully I can take it anything is worth a go.
Thank you both

Karen x

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 06:19:37 PM »

Good luck Karen,please let us know how you get on with everything xx

getting_old

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 12:11:42 AM »

This happened to me about a year into peri. I was having to change super pads every hour, and slept on towels, so didn't really sleep. After about a month I saw a doctor who did a blood test and said I was mildly anaemic so I should eat iron rich foods. She just said women often had very heavy periods at my time of life, so I didn't bother going back again. I had three episodes in total with a month's gap between them, then no period for about 4 months.

kazy68

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 07:13:16 PM »

Sorry for late update,

Trying to get gp app here is horrendous ,
Had phone/video consult today, locum gp, explained what has been going on,
Surprisingly she was very clued up on menopause,  asked me about hrt, not on it due to being over weight,
She has sent forms for bloods, thyroid, b12, iron, full count etc,
Also referd me to meno clinic never been talked about before I obviously accepted,
Then she video called as I now have a cyst / boil under my right breast pain horrendous on abs now,
Still bleeding had almost 3 days break before it started again on the 11th this month,
Asked if I was sexually active lol answerd,  well I was before January,
Feeling so tired and run down no energy at all, hopefully blood results will flag something up.

Karen
Xx

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 09:28:34 AM »

Oh poor you,if it's not one thing it's another,great you have an appointment at meno clinic though,hopefully bloods will come back ok 🤞

Dierdre

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 09:39:01 AM »

My sister had this problem and was put on the mini pill.  This stopped her periods altogether and she stopped taking after blood tests showed she was post meno.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2021, 06:20:50 PM »

When I had bleeding issues pre HRT, I was prescribed Mefenamic Acid. It worked well for me at the time and controlled the heaviness and seemed to slow it down. I didn't have any side effects with it.