Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 4840 times)

Robin

Facebook
« on: April 30, 2021, 05:07:59 PM »

Hi All,

I’m considering joining Facebook with the sole purpose of accessing a couple of private groups but I don’t really want to use it to interact with friends and family. I’m rubbish I know but I’m just not really into all that. I know nothing about how it works so hoping someone can help. Is it possible to have an account without everyone who knows me knowing? I don’t want everyone put out that I’m not interacting with them

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 05:09:02 PM »

I think for private groups you have to ask to be admitted.  It will be seen by those on the group.  An open group can be seen world wide by anyone. 

Have a look at 'facebook' for information. 

Robin

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 05:15:59 PM »

That would be fine. I mean will all my friends and family know I’ve joined Facebook not the actual groups

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 05:35:57 PM »

If it's an open group, then probably.  It surprises me that in all the public groups I contribute to, messages can be seen in them all.

Robin

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 05:41:38 PM »

I haven’t explained very well  ;D. What I mean is when you join Facebook (not the groups) does everyone know that you’ve joined Facebook  ;D . I’m not sure how to say it in way that will make sense  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 05:42:51 PM »

I thought 1 joined a group in order to join in? 

Robin

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 05:49:17 PM »

I think so in order to join the groups but I don’t even have a Facebook account and only want to get one if I can do so without everyone I know finding out

Robin

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 05:55:22 PM »

:-\ I know what I mean but can’t put it into words that will make sense

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 06:14:43 PM »

It makes sense but I don't know too much - can you tell  ;D

Robin

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 06:17:34 PM »

;D I thought I was the only person in the world who has no clue about Facebook

loonarider

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 06:53:32 PM »

Hi All,

I’m considering joining Facebook with the sole purpose of accessing a couple of private groups but I don’t really want to use it to interact with friends and family. I’m rubbish I know but I’m just not really into all that. I know nothing about how it works so hoping someone can help. Is it possible to have an account without everyone who knows me knowing? I don’t want everyone put out that I’m not interacting with them

I just filter my family members out so they don't see my posts. My dad is embarrassing..  Bless him.  ;D ;

Robin

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 07:18:40 AM »

Ah thanks Belle1.

So does that mean by setting up a new email account all my contacts on other email accounts wouldn’t automatically be notified that Ive joined Facebook?

Sorry I’m so dim on such matters. I once tried to join Twitter so that I could better access health accounts such as Dr Newson, Jane Lewis etc and was immediately inundated with many messages from my whole iPad contacts lists. I ended up cancelling it within about 10 minutes as I didn’t particularly want all those people seeing what I would look at or comment on as it would all be personal medical stuff. My plumber, kitchen fitter etc don’t need to know I’ve got VA or going through menopause  ;D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 07:49:16 AM by Robin »

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 07:46:19 AM »

Twitter asked far too many questions ! so many, I no longer recognised myself  ::)

Robin

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 08:25:20 AM »

Thanks Belle,

If I set it up to not receive friends requests or so people can’t see my group lists will the people in my phone contact list still know that I have an account but am excluding them all? I’m anticipating a lot of narked friends/relatives 😬

Robin

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 10:12:22 AM »

Thanks Belle.

I will make sure I do it when my brain is in gear. Hopefully the groups will allow me to join 🤞🏻
Pages: [1] 2 3 4