Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 4835 times)

Cazikins

Re: Facebook
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 03:02:11 PM »

Thanks Belle.
Hopefully the groups will allow me to join 🤞🏻

You have to apply to join a private group but it's straight forward & easy. You usually have to answer a few basic questions & it may take a few hours or more before one of the administrators sees it & clears it.

I've found some private groups that have been useful & I'm sure you will too Robin.

Good luck - Cazikins x

Robin

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2021, 06:28:19 AM »

Thanks cazikins. Got granddaughter today so going to give it a go wed/thur 🤞🏻

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2021, 04:53:21 PM »

Is it 'down' again ?   I understand that the name has been altered ..........  mayB that's why it's silent?

Gracie

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2021, 05:25:18 PM »

Facebook is so incredibly intrusive and I have heard of the menopause group from reading posts here, but there is no way on God's earth would I trust any Facebook group, no matter how private it is, with all my personal and intimate information.

I have to be on Facebook for commercial/business reasons but that is where it ends!

Shannonplussed

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2021, 09:09:18 PM »

Yes, people will know you’ve joined Facebook unless you use a completely new email address than you’ve ever used and use it only for Facebook. If you use the same old email address that friends and family have used, you will show up under their “you may know” or suggested contacts. Doesn’t mean they will see posts, but they WILL see that you have a new account.

CLKD

David Baddiel and social media
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2021, 05:54:25 PM »

Did any of you watch David's programme last night, repeated at a later time this week?  Interesting about the culture of bullying and everyone wanting to 'be right'.  With 1 particular woman I want to scream and shout  >:( because she has taken a dislike to me.  I can't understand wanting to tell the World everything 1 is going to do though  :-\.  i.e. Twitter where every man and his dog posts their every move.

What do people want - we all need validation but the amount of flak that people draw seems not worth it!

I looked at joining Twitter but too many questions were asked.  There are people that I would like to 'follow' but haven't the energy  ::)

Gracie

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2021, 10:19:01 AM »

I used to be on Twitter but had to get out of that cesspool, it became so depressing. I didn't realise there was so many total nutters in this world.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2021, 12:45:37 PM »

They crawls out of the woodwork they does, drop a comment into the world then crawls back under their log  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2022, 10:46:10 AM »

There is always 1 woman who contradicts what ever I post  >:(.  Making out that I don't know nowt  :kick:.  I have to bite my tongue these days .........

Nik2502

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2022, 11:21:18 AM »

Hi Robin

You can use Facebook and have no friends just so you can access private groups. I’ve a secret account I use for this!
You can still use your email and don’t have to notify anyone you’re on there - you can even use a fake name.

Nicola x

Libherbie70

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2022, 04:44:07 PM »

You have to set up a profile first , just don't add any friends or family , then you can join groups, in a private group can only be seen by group members but in public groups it can be seen by anybody I hope this helps.

Lynne888

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2022, 08:47:28 AM »

When you join Facebook everyone you’ve ever interacted with in other ways such as email and text will come up as possible friends. You will also come up on their page as a possible friend. Private groups are just that and none of your friends will know you’ve joined them or will ever seen any posts (unless they too are members of that private group). It is annoying. Not everyone wants to be on Facebook to speak to friends.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2022, 09:53:45 AM »

That woman had 'another go' last night.  No hopes for World Peace there then  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2024, 03:49:08 PM »

Now it seems that I have to 'register' in order to make comments  >:(

Katejo

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2024, 10:14:48 PM »

Hi All,

I’m considering joining Facebook with the sole purpose of accessing a couple of private groups but I don’t really want to use it to interact with friends and family. I’m rubbish I know but I’m just not really into all that. I know nothing about how it works so hoping someone can help. Is it possible to have an account without everyone who knows me knowing? I don’t want everyone put out that I’m not interacting with them
. You can just choose a fictitious name which your friends won't find/ recognise. I am in a private FB group concerning VA and it is genuinely private. You do have to put in a request to join and answer a few questions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4