Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Reducing the Gel  (Read 777 times)

Cassie

Reducing the Gel
« on: April 30, 2021, 02:56:44 PM »

Hi ladies, does anyone else use only half a pump of the gel?
I have in the past few months, cut back on my gel to half a pump, well it is of course difficult to determine exactly how much but I do not push the plunger right down, so just a little squish of gel. I decided to cut back as I have been on HRT since aged 40 for early meno and am now almost 60, but my Dr did say I could stay on it as long as I want but I have never had bad symptoms so decided to try half a dose, for the past few weeks. Of late, I have noticed quite a bit of itching and dryness and just recently I had slight cramping like period pains and noticed my bladder felt a bit sore. I am not spotting or bleeding but when I wipe the loo paper looks a bit darker than normal but not everytime. I read that if ones lining becomes thin from too little oestrogen this can cause a brown discharge, and thought perhaps this is whats happening and I should up to 1 plunge of the pump again. I am about to start my 12 days of Utrogestan but was wondering is anyone else on such a low dosage, I worked out I am getting about 0.35mg of oestradiol daily, not sure if this is too little and I should up it back to 1 plunge. Any thoughts?  :-\

sheila99

Re: Reducing the Gel
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 05:55:26 PM »

It could be VA but maybe check you don't have a uti. Va can be treated with topical oestrogen if you want to stop hrt. Is the itching and dryness down below or your skin in general? If down below perhaps treat for thrush so you can rule it out. I'm not sure there's much benefit from 1/2 pump, 1 pump is already a low dose. If it was me I'd stay on 1 pump but if you want to come off hrt then maybe just stop completely. If you find your symptoms returning you can always restart. As you're getting cramps there's an outside chance your body is trying to cycle. Some people ate early 60s before they're meno but given you started peri 20 years ago it's unlikely.

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 07:00:29 PM »

Thanks Sheila, I am wondering if its not more bladder related, will push it up to 1 pump again. Its def vaginal type itching dryness. Going to start my utrogestan which unfortunately also causes a bit of local irritation but I prefer to use it that way than swallowing the tablets.

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 05:06:26 PM »

Hi,  perhaps you are not building up enough womb lining with the reduction. The estrogen will be keeping VA and bladder, bowel, pelvic floor  more healthy.  If it isn't broke , why reduce. You are still young. I hope the symptoms improve.

Peppermintyxx