Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: existing antidpressants will hrt help?  (Read 2251 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: existing antidpressants will hrt help?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2021, 02:17:37 PM »

That's me when I'm in a garden centre  ;D

We have a 14cu mt. freezer.  A larder fridge as well as a fridge freezer - Mum was convinced that it wasn't working properly: that was 5 years ago  ;D so we have had the benefit.  So lots of bulk cooking by DH once a month.  We buy meat, veg. etc. in bulk so he has a session! 

Eating correctly can ease anxiety surges, I may have said that already  ::)

karen3006

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2021, 09:47:04 AM »

So I picked up my prescription for my HRT yesterday. I have been given ustrogen 100mg in tablet form to take on an evening and the new lenzetto spray to take 1 spray on each arm (so 2 sprays) in a morning. I took the first tablet last night about half an hour before bed as its supposed to make you sleepy. I found myself still wide awake at 12.30pm! I felt really sick in the night and this morning. Its wearing off a bit now but I honestly felt dreadful this moring. Is it because my body needs to get used to the progesterone and this will even itself out? I was hoping for good things from the HRT and don't relish feeling like this until it settles down (or not!) and feedback would be gratefully received  :) :)

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2021, 10:22:21 AM »

That nausea is awful.  I would stay awake when beginning new medication, 2 C if there were side effects.   >:(

karen3006

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2021, 10:47:01 AM »

It was pretty awful but its not as bad now. I wondered if it would be better to take it when I have my evening meal at about 7/7.30. Please tell me that things will settle down :)

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2021, 11:16:11 AM »

I believe that some ladies get through the initial nausea and improve.  What does it suggest on the leaflet in the box about when to take it?

karen3006

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2021, 11:25:45 AM »

The doctor said to take it on an evening as it has a sedative effect, do you know if it is common to feel worse before better on HRT, sorry, lots of questions :)

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2021, 12:37:06 PM »

If you don't ask you don't find out.  However, I haven't taken HRT other than for VA [ovestin].  I can't give you much more so hopefully someone who has used the product will be along.

sheila99

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2021, 08:26:24 AM »

Try taking it vaginally, there are fewer side effects this way.
Pages: 1 2 [3]